Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thinking of taking as politics just to add to my range of subject, wanted to know if the final exams are hard to take? is the actual course actualy interesting or boring?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing it too, either that or accounting AS. If I plan on doing Economics at degree level which would be best to help differentiate me from all the other candidates with the same grades?
    Also how essay-based is politics (I'm not an essay fan)?

ReputationRep:
    im doing a one year a level intensive in government and politics. i did it to add an extra subject and becos i thought it looked interesting. in terms of difficulty, i did 2 as modules in january i got As with not that much work. however it has become increasingly difficult in the summer with considerably more exams and havent really looked at revising any A2 yet [exams next week]. in terms of differentiating you from all the other candidates with the same grades, i guess it does to an extent but u have to show a genuine reason why u chose to do it in ur personal statement. i think it is actually an interesting subject to take, and increases ur knowlegde in something that is very important in society

in terms of coupled with economics, i think its good and there is a fair bit of overlap depending wot exam board ur on. it is an essay based subject, and to an extent so is alevel economics [well my board is]

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.