Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you study if you had the chance to start over? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, if you had the opportunity to start school/college/uni all over again and choose something completely different to your current choice, what would you pick?

For me it'd be either Video Game design like I wanted to study wayyy back when I was a kid or Physchology because I find it fascinating :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Medicine again... but I'd start earlier.

Or event management.... be a wedding planner :love:

ReputationRep:
    Vet Med.

ReputationRep:
    I've been toying with the idea of looking into veterinary medicine although this is extremely unlikely and completely hypothetical. Still, it would have been cool to look further into it at school when it would be easier to have an action plan if I had decided it was for me

ReputationRep:
    Maths.

Actually put in the effort first time in college and study further maths also. Do it all first time and study at one of the top uni's for it. I epitomise the lazy but capable student.

ReputationRep:
    Japanese, most likely. Developed an interest in the language and think I would be more motivated to work my butt off for that degree.

ReputationRep:
    Would have studied mechanical engineering rather than general engineering. Hoping to change from general to mech for my 2nd & 3rd year but transitioning is a bit of a pain. Also would never have left my home city (Glasgow) to study, again trying to move back for my 2nd and 3rd years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I've been toying with the idea of looking into veterinary medicine although this is extremely unlikely and completely hypothetical. Still, it would have been cool to look further into it at school when it would be easier to have an action plan if I had decided it was for me
    Ahh vet med was always my main goal throughout school but a careers advisers told me that I wasn't academic enough and dashed my dreams, and here I am pursuing zoology and potentially moving on to vet med afterwards if I still fancy it somewhere down the line I do wish I never gave up on it at school though, one of my biggest regrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiserenee9096)
    Japanese, most likely. Developed an interest in the language and think I would be more motivated to work my butt off for that degree.
    I took Japanese at GCSE, a blast to learn, not fun to remember all the Kanji though haha, definitely would love to pursue that as a degree though, sadly, languages turned out to not be my strong point

ReputationRep:
    I wish I did maths at A Level.
    I also wish I chose to study Sociology with another subject at uni, possibly something like history or international relations, as I originally planned to do but I don't know how it didnt happen..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Forensic science. Started losing my colour vision at 15; so couldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    As the title says, if you had the opportunity to start school/college/uni all over again and choose something completely different to your current choice, what would you pick?

For me it'd be either Video Game design like I wanted to study wayyy back when I was a kid or Physchology because I find it fascinating :yep:
    I dropped out of my Geography degree in my final year. I regret not picking something else at the start or transferring after first year more than dropping out.

If I could turn back time I would pick Business management or perhaps project design.

OT: What show is your avi from? I'm a self-obsessed otaku and every time I see anything anime or manga related it piques my interest lol.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'd still do veterinary medicine I wouldn't do AS maths though, since I really didn't enjoy it :emo: . I always toyed with the idea of doing geography or philosophy instead which in hindsight would have helped with my essay writing further down the line.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would do history on its own or with economics/politics. I think history is so unique and it gives us the tools to understand the present. My mindset at school was like 'why is it relevant, the stuff happened in the past it's boring' so I never would have considered it.

The historians I know are always very reasoned and see the bigger picture in a situation, probably because they know the various forces and events occurring over the years that have pre dated certain phenomena we see today. People who studied history are the most likely group to teach me something I don't know or to change a previous misconception or ignorance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd have stuck to astronomy instead of switching to biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dream job: Vet

Howevee if i had another chance i probably would have done Audiology or radiography.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was given a degree to do now, I'd study Computer Science or Computer Engineering, just because I want to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitlessHippo)
    I dropped out of my Geography degree in my final year. I regret not picking something else at the start or transferring after first year more than dropping out.

If I could turn back time I would pick Business management or perhaps project design.

OT: What show is your avi from? I'm a self-obsessed otaku and every time I see anything anime or manga related it piques my interest lol.
    Ohh fair enough, business management sounds like a pretty useful degree :yes:

It's Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill, crazy anime but one of my personal favourites :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I loved history but had an awful relationship with my GCSE teacher, which put me off taking it for A Level - big mistake considering what I got for AS level English. I would so do it for A Level now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    Ohh fair enough, business management sounds like a pretty useful degree :yes:

It's Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill, crazy anime but one of my personal favourites :ahee:
    Thanks! It did seem familiar, remember watching a few episodes on Netflix and definitely agree with the crazy assessment haha. Currently embarking on a 2016 anime challenge

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.