Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Type of friends Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Only??
    One of my two besties is very academic but I don't think museums are his thing.
    Libraries however... Back in college he would trick our whole crew to chill in the library that it became our hangout for the final 2 years :getmecoat: (I was intrested in the computers so it was a win win tbh)
    It sounds great! so you´re from the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    that's interesting, what stage are u at in your education?
    That´s a very good question, tbh. It´s a very very long story..I already completed my High-School but Im trying to apply to Oxford University... That´s the reason why I came to this site.
    There are many other factors that are giving me a hard time, though :/

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who I almost exclusively talk to about either politics or history. But we do tend to drink in a pub when discussing that, although I'm always up for a trip to the Imperial War Museum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankES)
    It sounds great! so you´re from the UK?
    Nope. But my high school is a college (by name)
    and it was un private

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    I have friends who I almost exclusively talk to about either politics or history. But we do tend to drink in a pub when discussing that, although I'm always up for a trip to the Imperial War Museum.
    I like that! so you´re from the UK? I like when people enjoy doing academic stuff..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Nope. But my high school is a college (by name)
    and it was un private
    fair enough! so where ru from?

ReputationRep:
    fair enough! so where ru from?
    South Africa

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    South Africa
    wow! pretty far away from here...

ReputationRep:
    I like that! so you´re from the UK? I like when people enjoy doing academic stuff..
    Aye, it is good having friends who can have more stimulating conversations with :lol: Yeah live here in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Aye, it is good having friends who can have more stimulating conversations with :lol: Yeah live here in the UK.
    Fair enough! where did u study at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'd say my uni course friends are pretty much academic only friends, all we ever talk about is uni and I don't see them outside of uni. This isn't by choice so much as me just being a social moron and awkward as ****.
    I wana meet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I wana meet
    k.

ReputationRep:
    k.
    why the coldness....

ReputationRep:
    why the coldness....
    I assumed you were taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    I assumed you were taking the piss.
    well half yeah half no

we used to be buds way back

be cool to meet

Of all the qualities I look for in a friend, being 'academic' is near the bottom of the list.

I mean, who would meet someone, hit it off and then, when the person asks about meeting up again sometime, go, "Sorry, I only accept friends with degree-level qualifications or above"? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    well half yeah half no

we used to be buds way back

be cool to meet
    Ehhhh, but I'm a recluse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Of all the qualities I look for in a friend, being 'academic' is near the bottom of the list.

I mean, who would meet someone, hit it off and then, when the person asks about meeting up again sometime, go, "Sorry, I only accept friends with degree-level qualifications or above"? :laugh:
    Well of course no one would do that :laugh:

But I wish I had more academically minded friends, and more specifically "maths minded" friends, I'd probably be more driven to learn more advanced things and I'd be a lot better at it than I currently am :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say my uni course friends are pretty much academic only friends, all we ever talk about is uni and I don't see them outside of uni. This isn't by choice so much as me just being a social moron and awkward as ****.
    :five:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.