Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently studying BA economics at the University of Central Lancashire; I am in my second year and on track for a first.

I am currently contemplating my future and I have decided completing a masters degree in financial economics. However, I have aspirations to study in a Russell Group university, to enable myself to gain a prestigious postgraduate degree. Am I being unrealistic expecting to gain a place on a good Msc economics course when I have a BA economic degree from uclan? Or if I get the grades needed will I able to advance?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 15, but my cousin went to UCLAN and got into Manchester Uni for a postgrad course, and he did pretty well So, I'd say you're being pretty realistic.

ReputationRep:
    The title should be Msc Economics not Mac economics (I'm obviously using an iPhone).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Connerhayden)
    Hi, I am currently studying BA economics at the University of Central Lancashire; I am in my second year and on track for a first.

I am currently contemplating my future and I have decided completing a masters degree in financial economics. However, I have aspirations to study in a Russell Group university, to enable myself to gain a prestigious postgraduate degree. Am I being unrealistic expecting to gain a place on a good Msc economics course when I have a BA economic degree from uclan? Or if I get the grades needed will I able to advance?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!
    Honestly, it won't be an issue. Providing you get the grades, and have a good personal statement and set of references, it shouldn't be a major issue for most Russell Group universities. The oldies on the forum will remember a student from Greenwich being accepted onto Nottingham's MSc program.

It's important to realise, however, that you may be somewhat under-prepared for the MSc modules given your background, although it would be up to you to ensure you do the work necessary to pass.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.