Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently studying BA economics at the University of Central Lancashire; I am in my second year and on track for a first.

I am currently contemplating my future and I have decided completing a masters degree in financial economics. However, I have aspirations to study in a Russell Group university, to enable myself to gain a prestigious postgraduate degree. Am I being unrealistic expecting to gain a place on a good Msc economics course when I have a BA economic degree from uclan? Or if I get the grades needed will I able to advance?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 15, but my cousin went to UCLAN and got into Manchester Uni for a postgrad course, and he did pretty well So, I'd say you're being pretty realistic.

ReputationRep:
    The title should be Msc Economics not Mac economics (I'm obviously using an iPhone).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connerhayden)
    Hi, I am currently studying BA economics at the University of Central Lancashire; I am in my second year and on track for a first.

I am currently contemplating my future and I have decided completing a masters degree in financial economics. However, I have aspirations to study in a Russell Group university, to enable myself to gain a prestigious postgraduate degree. Am I being unrealistic expecting to gain a place on a good Msc economics course when I have a BA economic degree from uclan? Or if I get the grades needed will I able to advance?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!
    Honestly, it won't be an issue. Providing you get the grades, and have a good personal statement and set of references, it shouldn't be a major issue for most Russell Group universities. The oldies on the forum will remember a student from Greenwich being accepted onto Nottingham's MSc program.

It's important to realise, however, that you may be somewhat under-prepared for the MSc modules given your background, although it would be up to you to ensure you do the work necessary to pass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.