Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

bad life, lose faith? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Alot of bad things have happened to this girl in her life, shes a good girl and respects everyone.
    So she loses her faith in god, as god of course does not like her, if he lets bad things happen to her.
    Should she stop beleving in god?

Le gra BlueAngel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Alot of bad things have happened to this girl in her life, shes a good girl and respects everyone.
    So she loses her faith in god, as god of course does not like her, if he lets bad things happen to her.

Le gra BlueAngel
    It is her choice. If she doesn't have her faith anymore then I don't think she really has a choice. However the way you put it, it sounds like she does still believe in god she just feels like she is being persecuted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It is her choice. If she doesn't have her faith anymore then I don't think she really has a choice. However the way you put it, it sounds like she does still believe in god she just feels like she is being persecuted.

Yeah she does beleve in god, but she doesnt want to. Cos inside shes angry at him and hates him.

ReputationRep:

Le gra BlueAngel
    that depends on how she looks at the whole perspective.
    she can either see god as someone who is always there no matter what.someone who is the cause of misery and happiness, and everything he causes is upon his own wish, so it should be accepted.
    OR she can look at god as someone who helps, causes no pain and if pain comes...he isnt god.
    Faith is something that doesnt snap in and out of you, i think that culture and faith are two things which can give a person their identity.

ReputationRep:
    If you truely believe in God and your belief comes from within, is not created by strict upbringing, then I see no reason why she should lose faith. Her faith and ideas may change though, so she no longer feels God has influence in her life but theres still reason to believe. ( Sorry that wasn't very coherant!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    that depends on how she looks at the whole perspective.
    she can either see god as someone who is always there no matter what.someone who is the cause of misery and happiness, and everything he causes is upon his own wish, so it should be accepted.
    OR she can look at god as someone who helps, causes no pain and if pain comes...he isnt god.
    Faith is something that doesnt snap in and out of you, i think that culture and faith are two things which can give a person their identity.

"OR she can look at god as someone who helps, causes no pain and if pain comes...he isnt god."
    I think its that one.

ReputationRep:
    "OR she can look at god as someone who helps, causes no pain and if pain comes...he isnt god."
    I think its that one.
    in which case i agree with randdom.sheis feeling persecuted and angry...let down?? it's completely up to her then. i guess it all depends on how religious she is, and if she sees god as someone who wouldnt want what had happened to her it looks like she has already let go.

ReputationRep:
    Has this happened to alot of people, or is it just me?

ReputationRep:

Le gra BlueAngel
    Well I think she is not alone in this. Many people may frown at this but sometimes people get angry at God. At least that is what a minister told me. He said its ok to be angry with god. Think of it like having a fight with him. Some may call this blasphemic. Well not really. When pushed to extreme limits hope sometimes shatters and you start losing faith. It could be a phase or maybe she really is losing faith. Ultimately she is the only one who will know and this is her own battle with God. So if she feels like taking a break from faith then she could. If you come back it was meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you every one, that really made me think.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a matter of choice- either you think the chances are that there is, as they say, something out there and think it really likes you or ought to like you,and all the rest, or you regard the whole caboodle as contemptible claptrap. Someone who's " a good girl", or at least sensible, would probably stop believing when she sees what happens to other people, before it happens to her personally.

ReputationRep:
    So bad things are happening to this girl, but she's got through them all and is still here. With every bad thing that happens something good comes out of it - even if it doen't seem proportionate to the bad thing at the time. Whatever the good thing is, it will make the person stronger and prove to be a valuable virtue within the girl for the rest of her life. Understandably, the girl will feel targeted if a series of bad things happen to her - but I'm sure she's strong enough to get through it. I don't think she should lose her faith over this, maybe take a little more faith in herself in order to get through the bad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    So bad things are happening to this girl, but she's got through them all and is still here. With every bad thing that happens something good come out of it - even if it doen't seem proportionate to the bad thing at the time. Whatever the good thing is, it will make the person stronger and prove to be a valuable virtue within the girl for the rest of her life. Understandably, the girl will feel targeted if a series of bad things happen to her - but I'm sure she's strong enough to get through it. I don't think she should lose her faith over this, maybe take a little more faith in herself in order to get through the bad times.
    i agree. i think faith is something that shouldn't be thrown away, although as i previously said, she should know this and therefore the decision should be completely up to what she feels is right.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.