Have you ever used a safe space?

Watch
caravaggio2
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
We are constantly reading about Uni's providing designated safe spaces.
Have you, or somebody you know, ever used one.What were the circumstances that you felt the need for one?
Have you ever seen a man use one or is it only women that need them?
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Nope. As a man, I need to feel guilty for existing (I was actually told this on campus when I was having a debate with our SU President) and therefore am a prime example of everything 'feminazis' hate: male, successful and didn't do gender studies. When I feel triggered, I'm supposed to toughen up (the irony).
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No. Although our whole SU building was designated a ''safe place'', and I did often need to pop in for a pint, sandwich or to use the toilet.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No, I've never felt unsafe at Uni
HughMyron
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Anyone who needs to use a safe space should have themselves and their parents taken into a room and beaten
kieran12321LFC
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I won't use a "safe space", because I'm not emotionally feeble
username2228735
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
No. Although our whole SU building was designated a ''safe place'', and I did often need to pop in for a pint, sandwich or to use the toilet.
Hopefully, for a number two.
Andy98
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Define safe space. There is a place I go to in order to be away from everyone and vent my frustration in a freestyle no one will ever hear or just have a breakdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
kieran12321LFC
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
Define safe space. There is a place I go to in order to be away from everyone and vent my frustration in a freestyle no one will ever hear or just have a breakdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
A safe space is somewhere where you can't have politically incorrect views in case you might upset someone and make them cry
ruby420
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yes i always use safe spaces to avoid misogyny
Andy98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kieran12321LFC)
A safe space is somewhere where you can't have politically incorrect views in case you might upset someone and make them cry
So society?

Posted from TSR Mobile
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No, that sounds like something that someone with a mental disorder would need. And I am not trying to mock anyone with a mental disorder, I just seriously suspect that anyone who needs a place like that has some kind of mental disturbance that they should seek medical help for.
THE EPIC Panda
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No and will never need one. I am at uni to learn and hear conflicting view points, not to go into an echo chamber.
PenguinEmperor
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No because I seem to argue with people who have the exact same views as myself wherever I go. I find a lot of "liberal" people can be as bad as Fox News when it comes to statistics and facts regarding issues.
kieran12321LFC
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
So society?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not necessarily in society as a whole, lots of workplaces aren't overly politically correct, it's just that people whose views are PC are those that make their voices most heard
Andy98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kieran12321LFC)
Not necessarily in society as a whole, lots of workplaces aren't overly politically correct, it's just that people whose views are PC are those that make their voices most heard
Right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sgt_Haytham
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
As a white, agnostic, privileged, cismale, I don't.
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
what is this safe space you guys are talking about?

I've never heard of it. is it like a saferoom for terrorist attacks or something?
Homo sapien
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
what is this safe space you guys are talking about?

I've never heard of it. is it like a saferoom for terrorist attacks or something?
Possibly and other radical groups except for White nationalists of course since they wouldn't allow one being White...
callum_law
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What the ****'s a safe place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.28%
October 2021 (219)
45.53%
November 2021 (54)
11.23%
December 2021 (62)
12.89%
January 2021 (55)
11.43%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.52%