Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Move out for second year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm currently in first year and I'm still living at home (my uni is in my home town and I'm closer to the uni than some of the halls) and at the start of the year I was sooooo ready to move out in second year but as the time is getting closer and I'm having to make a decision I'm starting to change my mind, I have a group that I can move out with and they're lovely but I'm just not sure and the thoughts are keeping me up at night. I took out a student loan this year and it's gone straight into my savings and I've also got a job but I still have money worries. I'm just so used to having my parents look after me (I'm an only child) I just don't know what to do... Staying at home would be the preferred option right now but what if I regret it when second year starts? I don't go on nights out regularly so the "social aspect" isn't a problem

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy at home then I'd stay there and save the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayla897)
    Ok so I'm currently in first year and I'm still living at home (my uni is in my home town and I'm closer to the uni than some of the halls) and at the start of the year I was sooooo ready to move out in second year but as the time is getting closer and I'm having to make a decision I'm starting to change my mind, I have a group that I can move out with and they're lovely but I'm just not sure and the thoughts are keeping me up at night. I took out a student loan this year and it's gone straight into my savings and I've also got a job but I still have money worries. I'm just so used to having my parents look after me (I'm an only child) I just don't know what to do... Staying at home would be the preferred option right now but what if I regret it when second year starts? I don't go on nights out regularly so the "social aspect" isn't a problem
    If you'll be happier at home then stay at home.
    But I wouldn't advise staying in the mindset of being used to having your parents look after you. You're an adult and you're going to have to learn to take care of yourself eventually. If you're still allowing your parents to do everything for you and you're not independent you should at least try to change that, but that does not necessarily mean you have to move out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.