The Student Room Group

Anyone who listen to House music ?

Hi my name is Ash. I am new in London (used to study in America). I am a house music producer and am looking for ways to get heard, get shows to play (for free) or just people to go to music festivals with, in and around London. I go to Kingston University and what I have noticed is that no one listens to house here. Rap or pop is what everyone listens to and what people want to hear at the Uni Clubs. London having the mecca of House music "Ministry of Sound", I thought more people would be into it ? Do i just have the wrong group of friends lol or is this is here?

Scroll to see replies

I live in London and I love house music!!! It just depends on the person really but it's quite popular here
Reply 2
Original post by ashwinmenon1994
Hi my name is Ash. I am new in London (used to study in America). I am a house music producer and am looking for ways to get heard, get shows to play (for free) or just people to go to music festivals with, in and around London. I go to Kingston University and what I have noticed is that no one listens to house here. Rap or pop is what everyone listens to and what people want to hear at the Uni Clubs. London having the mecca of House music "Ministry of Sound", I thought more people would be into it ? Do i just have the wrong group of friends lol or is this is here?

Me of course loves House and Acid Jazz :top:
Nest have a saturday night house programme, yeah i go to Georges and its the same here. drum and bass and hip pop are really popular but no house lovers.
I listen to house and produce as well :tongue:
Dam! I didnt think these many people loved House music! Why dont we all form a group or something where we can post music we all like, go to events and even organise parties haha! Wouldn't that be a good idea?
Reply 6

Boiler Room curates parties in and around London that have been graced by the likes of Jamie Odell, Max Graef, MCDE, Jeremy Underground, Kink, Louie Vega and Zed Bias, whilst others (such as the excellent Norm De Plume) will often publicise low-key but prestigious events via Facebook; although if you consider 'Ministry of Sound' your touchstone for good house-music then, frankly, I doubt you'll have much joy this side of Fabric.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Imperion
I listen to house and produce as well :tongue:

What kind of music do you produce?! :smile:
I keep winning free tickets to Ministry of Sound but never have the time to go
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I keep winning free tickets to Ministry of Sound but never have the time to go

Howwww :eek:! I would love to take them from you hahah
Yeah I live near Kingston so been out there a few times. Really hate it tbh mainly because of the crappy r&b/ rap stuff they put on. Some house/ electronic would be awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Howwww :eek:! I would love to take them from you hahah

One way is by downloading the 'I'm in' app and you get free spins every day (make sure you spin the events you want to go to because if you don't, your chances of winning lessens the next time you spin) and more often than not you win free tickets that you'll need to confirm on the spot. The Ministry of sound are always giving out free tickets on the app haha

I don't live close to you though, I'm in Chelsea haha :nope:
Original post by Tedward
Yeah I live near Kingston so been out there a few times. Really hate it tbh mainly because of the crappy r&b/ rap stuff they put on. Some house/ electronic would be awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know bruv! Which clubs have you been to in or around Kingston ? Also what kinda artists do you listen to! :smile:
I love house music, aswell as numerous other genres of EDM and a lot of rock :smile:.

Although im up in Perth so London is a trek :biggrin:.
I listen to and produce house, my style is more chilled out vibes like Deep House, Organ House, that sort of stuff.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
One way is by downloading the 'I'm in' app and you get free spins every day (make sure you spin the events you want to go to because if you don't, your chances of winning lessens the next time you spin) and more often than not you win free tickets that you'll need to confirm on the spot. The Ministry of sound are always giving out free tickets on the app haha

I don't live close to you though, I'm in Chelsea haha :nope:

I just downloaded the app! Excited to try it out! Thanks my man!
Original post by CAElite
I love house music, aswell as numerous other genres of EDM and a lot of rock :smile:.

Although im up in Perth so London is a trek :biggrin:.

hahaha I say move to London :h:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I listen to and produce house, my style is more chilled out vibes like Deep House, Organ House, that sort of stuff.

Link your soundcloud! :smile:
What kind of music do you produce?! :smile:

My style is ambient-y if that makes sense. I lean more towards house and future bass (They come the simplest to me). :smile: I'd like to think my work doesn't sound like any other persons but I've been making for nearly 7 months now. Long way to go! :tongue:

Original post by WoodyMKC

Ah man, you produce as well? :tongue: How long have you been at it?
hahaha I say move to London :h:

Sweet jesus god no.

I am moving back to Glasgow soon though :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest