The Student Room Group

Britain First walked through town

Thoughts on this? I don't agree with Britain First but I can't help think that the reaction of the local people was incorrect.

[video="youtube;fA6XcyXsxXU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6XcyXsxXU[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Not very Christian like to go out on patrol on the Sabbath.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Not very Christian like to go out on patrol on the Sabbath.

huh sabbath is a Sunday
Original post by karl pilkington
huh sabbath is a Sunday

Jesus observed Sabbath on the Saturday, as per customary Jewish tradition.
Thoughts on this? I don't agree with Britain First but I can't help think that the reaction of the local people was incorrect.

[video="youtube;fA6XcyXsxXU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6XcyXsxXU[/video]

What Britain First did was 'incorrect' as well.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Jesus observed Sabbath on the Saturday, as per customary Jewish tradition.

no most Christians don't observe it on a Saturday also it doesn't say what day it was filmed
Original post by Ravenous
What Britain First did was 'incorrect' as well.

I know but the reaction seems disproportionate
Reply 7
lol at both groups

This is an atheist country
(edited 8 years ago)
why are they trying to spread hate?
all patriotic are welcome to attend? more like all idiots are welcome to attend
Reply 9
I love trifle. :coma:
Reply 10

It's a Britain First video, they would have edited to suit their ends. No doubt they would have been antagonising in the first place but just left that bit out.
A plague on both your houses.

Can I ask why you don't agree with them? Is it because those in control of the narrative - those intent on turning British culture on itself to manufacture their own nefarious, twisted outcomes - determine you're not allowed to support them for fear of social exile?
Only a minute in but "Christian patrol" and the batman music...

Original post by Au contraire
Can I ask why you don't agree with them? Is it because those in control of the narrative - those intent on turning British culture on itself to manufacture their own nefarious, twisted outcomes - determine you're not allowed to support them for fear of social exile?

no I agree with a lot of their aims (cutting immigration not building more mosques etc) however I believe they do more to harm the cause than help it as they make all anti immigration people look like a bunch of thugs and morons
Original post by Lady Comstock
Yes. Violence in response to speech, no matter how obscene and offensive, is never justified. They should have reported it to the police if they thought offences were being committed.

I have no doubt that Britain First were there to rile the locals and provoke a reaction. By reacting with violence and making the comments they did, the locals played right into the Britain First narrative. It would have been more effective just to stand and laugh at their cross-carrying circus.

I don't think it's a narrative - what narrative are you referring to? What narrative have Britain First constructed? If you're referring to Islamic immigration being problematic, that's not a narrative...it's a fact, one which is backed up by hundreds of surveys and rational observation.

What narrative have they constructed which isn't drowned out by the twisted narrative manufactured by the MSM?

While I take exception to their bear-baiting, all they are doing is bringing the inevitable to the surface - these tensions boil away under the surface on an incessant basis. We can't talk about them, we don't dare talk about them, in the public sphere.

I, for one, am glad they're around - they are the only group with the necessary testicular fortitude to actually do something.
Original post by Lacesso
Good video, very brave to walk through these animals.

Rather be surrounded by non-human animals than Britain First's intolerance and racism.
no I agree with a lot of their aims (cutting immigration not building more mosques etc) however I believe they do more to harm the cause than help it as they make all anti immigration people look like a bunch of thugs and morons

Do they though? Where or when have they been violent?

You see, that's the problem - progressivism is the establishment. For all their entire ideology is formed around manufactured oppression and identity politics being utilised as a proxy for class warfare, they are the establishment - they are the powers that be. They own the narrative. Islam has the entire establishment on its side, what do white working class English people have?

They have Britain First. The establishment sure as hell doesn't give a **** about them.
They're literally like 8 year olds. Complete joke. When I watch things like this, I wonder what the point of living in a democracy is. If people like those have an equal voice in how the country is ruled (i.e. at the ballot box), I would rather be ruled by a benevolent dictator....
Original post by Dopesmoker
Jayda Fransen is absolute scum,

I would though

They were just carrying the crosses around to try and make what they were doing (inciting religious and racial hatred) seem more credible. Absolutely despicable.

oh, showing religious signs in public space is a inciting for hate then?

I dont think the locals attacked incorrectly. If someone comes round to your shop/house and is handing out leaflets spreading words of hatred against you, you're telling me you're just going to stand there and take it?

it's nice that you do not consider attacking people of the other faiths as something "incorrect".

And no I am not a islam sympathiser, I think Islam is just as bad tbh, but racial hatred should not be tolerated in any form, and that's what this is.

yet you are perfectly happy with islamists attacking christians. no, defo not an islam sympathiser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending