Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain First walked through town Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    tbh, most muslims dont wear a crescent lol (a lot wear religious talismans which are usually pieces of paper wrapped in wax/metal/cloth, but it is a more of a cultural thing which people get mistaken for religious because it is blessed by an imam (usually from an asian country)).

personally, i have no problem if someone wore a star of david or a cross on them (tattoo and piercing would be an issue as body piercings and tattoos in general creep me out lol). I would get irate if someone started waving a giant symbol/explicitly tried to act in a manner as to elicit a negative response, but from years of descrimination, I have learnt to go with the flow and ignore them (usually speaking in swahili or japanese confuses people lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errrrm)
    You need to watch the documentary on how BF incite those reactions.
    link please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Au contraire)
    Do they though? Where or when have they been violent?

You see, that's the problem - progressivism is the establishment. For all their entire ideology is formed around manufactured oppression and identity politics being utilised as a proxy for class warfare, they are the establishment - they are the powers that be. They own the narrative. Islam has the entire establishment on its side, what do white working class English people have?

They have Britain First. The establishment sure as hell doesn't give a **** about them.
    erm they are not 'the establishment' most upper class and middle class white people would also be against immigration etc. Only the bbc and liberal media/labour party support immigration. Their views are probably more pervasive than most people think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    erm they are not 'the establishment' most upper class and middle class white people would also be against immigration etc. Only the bbc and liberal media/labour party support immigration. Their views are probably more pervasive than most people think
    That is not the view of the upper class or the UMC.

In fact, the only white people that seem to be anti-immigration are those drawn from mostly the council estates, or the underclass.

Immigration does not threaten the status quo of the Upper Class or the UMC but it certainly poses a threat to the underclass, white people who live on trashy council estates.

If the establishment really cared about immigration, then they would have long ago found the means to stop it but the fact is that we simply couldn't care less about issues that would hardly affect us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    That is not the view of the upper class or the UMC.

In fact, the only white people that seem to be anti-immigration are those drawn from mostly the council estates, or the underclass.

Immigration does not threaten the status quo of the Upper Class or the UMC but it certainly poses a threat to the underclass, white people who live on trashy council estates.

If the establishment really cared about immigration, then they would have long ago found the means to stop it but the fact is that we simply couldn't care less about issues that would hardly affect us.
    no most middle class people still oppose it the establishment and political class don't care about it but most polls show that most people are against it

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.a...-level-concern

ReputationRep:
    no most middle class people still oppose it the establishment and political class don't care about it but most polls show that most people are against it

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.a...-level-concern
    Most middle class tend to be liberals or work in professions with a great deal of exposure to those of other races/cultures.

It's the council estate living white underclasses that really hate immigration because immigrants pose an existential threat to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Most middle class tend to be liberals or work in professions with a great deal of exposure to those of other races/cultures.

It's the council estate living white underclasses that really hate immigration because immigrants pose an existential threat to them.
    no it's because immigrants tend to live in working class areas and compress wages of plumbers carpenters etc. Also middle class people tend to be quite conservative and proud of our history/heritage so are also against immigration. Hence the conservative party is more anti immigration than the Labour party.

ReputationRep:
    no it's because immigrants tend to live in working class areas and compress wages of plumbers carpenters etc. Also middle class people tend to be quite conservative and proud of our history/heritage so are also against immigration. Hence the conservative party is more anti immigration than the Labour party.
    The middle class probably dislike the white council estate living underclass more than the immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    lol at both groups

This is an atheist country
    I disagree, instead I think "This is a free country" is more appropriate

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on this? I don't agree with Britain First but I can't help think that the reaction of the local people was incorrect.
    Well tbh, I think the locals were reacting back how any other group of people would. If someone is looking down on a group you belong to and provoking them, it's natural to react back in anger and say stuff without thinking.

However I think the losers that are part of Britain First are trying to make Muslim people look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Yes. Violence in response to speech, no matter how obscene and offensive, is never justified. They should have reported it to the police if they thought offences were being committed.

I have no doubt that Britain First were there to rile the locals and provoke a reaction. By reacting with violence and making the comments they did, the locals played right into the Britain First narrative. It would have been more effective just to stand and laugh at their cross-carrying circus.
    Have you been in their situation?

ReputationRep:
    Britain First is funded by the zionist-israeli corporate lobby as indeed are Islam4UK/Choudarys gang. The two phony political groups justify the other's existence. I'd more inclined to side with the muslims though as freedom, tolerance and democracy have kind of had their day and become a femo-liberalist tyranny. Morality and discipline are still very much out of fashion at the moment but they will return no doubt and the resurgence of either strong islamic or christian principles in this country will promptly heal the decadent sloppy cancer afflicting this country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.