Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Genetic diagrams & Mitosis / Meiosis Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I pretty much got all my B1,B2 & B3 covered but im just stuck on
    -Genetic diagrams
    -Mitosis & Meiosis

Does anyone have any good material on these ?

Ive been looking online but i cant really find anything that explains it clearly to me

Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the CGP revision guides? They were pretty good at explaining things in a way that is easy to understand.
    Also try watching youtube videos about it. There are millions so I just try one at a time and see if you gain any understanding about it.

A good way of remembering the stages of Mitosis and Meiosis is IPMAT. Just remember those letters.
    Mitosis = IPMAT
    Meiosis= IPMAT-PMAT

I=interphase
    p=prophase
    m=metaphase
    a=anaphase
    t=telophase
    + and cytokinesis or cellular division is always at the end of the whole thing.

However, some exam boards want you to acknowledge phases like prometaphase which is just a stage before metaphase. Just know what happens during the whole process and assign each part to whatever phases your exam board wants you to know.

If this last part confuses you, ignore it and just learn IPMAT xD it will be good enough

ReputationRep:
    You can remember the anagram PMAT as 'please make another two' which is what you are doing in cell division.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiktoria_K)
    Hey

I pretty much got all my B1,B2 & B3 covered but im just stuck on
    -Genetic diagrams
    -Mitosis & Meiosis

Does anyone have any good material on these ?

Ive been looking online but i cant really find anything that explains it clearly to me

Thanks !
    Hi,

What exam board are you doing?
    I'm a secondary science teacher, and I recommend students to go on to youtube and search 'mygcsescience'.

Below are the links for mitosis and meiosis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA67WvGtCXc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7ReWdty_c

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.