ollie.stevens29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have an upcoming isa on the 4 th of feb and not sure what to do

my hypothesis is ''The temperature rise when a metal reacts with a solution of Copper Chloride varies with the reactivity of the metal.''

i need help explaining what source is more useful and why (what do i need for full marks)

and i need help with this question

describe brefly how you would carry out a preliminary investigation to find a suitable value to use of this variable
you should explain how the results of this work will help you decide on the best value for this varible

im not sure what contoll varible to use please help me asap

many thanks Ostevens29 , chem is my week point so i need help thankks in advanced
Ace C
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ollie.stevens29)

my hypothesis is ''The temperature rise when a metal reacts with a solution of Copper Chloride varies with the reactivity of the metal.''

i need help explaining what source is more useful and why (what do i need for full marks)

describe brefly how you would carry out a preliminary investigation to find a suitable value to use of this variable
you should explain how the results of this work will help you decide on the best value for this varible

many thanks Ostevens29 , chem is my week point so i need help thankks in advanced
Hi, I too am doing this isa on this coming wednesday, the hypothesis is given to us.
If you would like some help, I can send you an example of a students past isa paper, marked with comments if you woukd like??. I also am doing a physics one on LDR's.
The questions in paper 1 changes every year, but are very similar, just the wording changes I think!
Is the exam board AQA??
ollie.stevens29
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
yes please if possible it would be a great help
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ollie.stevens29)

I remember some of the questions. I got a D grade on this ISA though, which is surprising as I attained an A* and A in Physics and Biology respectively.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do it yourself??
AngelOfDeath97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry that this is unrelated, but is this an as or A2 isa and what exam board?
Jennifer9878
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ace C)
Hi, I too am doing this isa on this coming wednesday, the hypothesis is given to us.
If you would like some help, I can send you an example of a students past isa paper, marked with comments if you woukd like??. I also am doing a physics one on LDR's.
The questions in paper 1 changes every year, but are very similar, just the wording changes I think!
Is the exam board AQA??
Hello
Yes the exam board is AQA I'm currently doing a C2 ISA GCSE on rates of reaction.
For the source question you need to say how both sources are useful then which is the most useful and why e.g. One has a risk assessment, control variables but the other has diagrams etc
For the control variables you may do the amount of metal, the volume of liquid, concentration of liquid and must say how you would control them e.g. I will make sure the volume of liquid is 50cm3 using a measuring cyclinder etc
For the preliminary investigation, talk about how you will choose a suitable value of a control variable by changing its values
Hope this helps
Ace C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jennifer9878)
Hello
Yes the exam board is AQA I'm currently doing a C2 ISA GCSE on rates of reaction.
For the source question you need to say how both sources are useful then which is the most useful and why e.g. One has a risk assessment, control variables but the other has diagrams etc
For the control variables you may do the amount of metal, the volume of liquid, concentration of liquid and must say how you would control them e.g. I will make sure the volume of liquid is 50cm3 using a measuring cyclinder etc
For the preliminary investigation, talk about how you will choose a suitable value of a control variable by changing its values
Hope this helps
Thanks Although, little late because I've already sat paper 1 and drawn my table of results. Im doing the reactivity of meatls chemistry isa and LDR's for Physics.
randomperson11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello
Hope this helps
Could you please explain about the preliminary investigation. I still do not understand it quite clearly, but thanks for these points anyway
Gemm123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi what did u do for the context of this hypothesis ?
Jennifer9878
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IT depends on the question
Gemm123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IT depends on the question
The temperature rise When a metal reacts with a solution of copper chloride varies with the reactivity of the metal?
anonomon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
for paper 2 of this specific isa what do we need to know ???
anonomon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
context could b hand warmers
Lb80
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would be interested in any information as I'm sitting paper 2 next week
Gemm123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sitting paper 2 today and I'm stuck on what to write for the context
Lb80
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been told that you could say that it could be useful in the knowledge of extracting metals, the most reactive metals could be used in the reactivity of lower reactive metals?
Gemm123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok thanks I'm going to look into it abit more
anonomon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"I'm sitting paper 2 today and I'm stuck on what to write for the context"

context can be hand warmers where the little metal circle reacts with the copper chloride to produce heat to warm up your hands.
Gemm123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (11)
7.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (25)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.33%

Watched Threads