Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    me i prefer pure...however after that P3 paper i think i may actually prefer mechanics

ReputationRep:
    Pure for sure. I don't mind discrete much either.

ReputationRep:
    well i preferred pure to S1. However I think Stat's is getting a bit better, but Pure is OK still. I haven't done Maths Mechanics, met it in Physics -didn't get it at first but getting there!
    Well I think some people prefer Mechanics cos it's more real life. I know some friends who don't understand Pure at all, but understand Statistics better, and some people chose Mechanics 'cos it's harder, and makes you look good'

ReputationRep:
    mechanics rock! pure is ok! stat is gay

ReputationRep:
    Pure Sucks HARD!! Mrchaincs is a walk in the park... well M1 at least! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Most of Pure was fun, as was Mechanics (though it's not really Maths). Stats was difficult and boring.

ReputationRep:
    I like pure best, then D+D, then mechanics and I hate stats. On the poll are you supposed to choose the subject you think rocks or sucks?

ReputationRep:
    puaw faw shaw

*rep available to the first person that translates that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    puaw faw shaw

*rep available to the first person that translates that
    haha its "pure for sure" .... now that is a good way of wasting revision time!

ReputationRep:
    pure is a lot of fun ... at least u get to do a lot of wierd stuff tht mite never have any real application in life ... and u get to ask the teacher " wats the application and us of an eigen vector practically ?" and see her confused expression

unless its a teacher like mine who'll actually explain it in too much detail

ReputationRep:
    Pure will rock forever, its like an art form! But where's discrete in your poll!? eh? eh?

ReputationRep:
    Pure ... no doubt about it.......even though mechanics has more application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz86)
    Pure will rock forever, its like an art form! But where's discrete in your poll!? eh? eh?
    what's discrete? never heard of it can i amend the poll or is that not allowed?

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up my P2 paper today, but P5 went well. I'm such a blithering idiot, I only realised my mistakes just before she said put your pens down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I screwed up my P2 paper today, but P5 went well. I'm such a blithering idiot, I only realised my mistakes just before she said put your pens down
    oh dear! i hate that! when i was doing my gcse's i was writing an english lit paper and was busy answering a question on comparison of two poems, and about 15 mins before the end i realised that i was comparing the wrong poems! one of the ones i was comparing wasnt in the question, so i went through with a load of tippex (yeah i know, naughty naughty) and just swapped the name every time i had written it. dont know how i still got an A*!!

ReputationRep:
    i remember doing tht in my chem exam this session ... all i had to do was cahnge a 10 into an 11 ... and i only realised after she said pens down ... i was knockingmy head on the table as she was saying tht ...

un fortunately i was rite in front ... so i coulndt have changed it if i wanted to while she wasnt looking ... oh well ...

ReputationRep:
    Pure by far. I always wondered what the point of maths was, other than being a maths teacher to pointlessly teach it to future maths teachers. Pure is no exception. But I've just done mechanics today (and only found this site NOW ), and that's the hardest and I hate it, though it does actually have real world applications...

ReputationRep:
    Pure all the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggin)
    what's discrete? never heard of it
    It's a branch of Maths that's used lots in Computer Science.. things like algorithms, sorting, network flow, etc. Involves lots of drawing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It's a branch of Maths that's used lots in Computer Science.. things like algorithms, sorting, network flow, etc. Involves lots of drawing stuff.
    haha ok! sorry for missing it off - our school doesnt do it :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.