Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ditch her or nah? Watch

Announcements

So I have this 'friend' and tbf she doesn't deserve that title.We used to be in the same friendship group last year but that group split up and she went off with one of the girls from the group.
    At the start of this year I noticed she would only speak to me in classes where she didn't have anybody else to sit & work with.
    Then in different classes where she had her other friend she wouldn't even look at me or acknowledge my existence.
    I like to think Ive been a good friend to her.I always make the effort, ask how she is, and try to make her feel better when she's feeling down.About 2 weeks ago she stopped turning up to classes and I messaged her asking if she was ok.Then last week she was feeling crap because of something that happened in her life and I gave her some advice and tried to make her feel better about the situation.
    Tbh I feel like im being used because I give and dont get anything in return.In first year I was there for her ,last semester I was there for her and she didn't even wish me a happy birthday or a happy Christmas but did to the girls in the old group (that split).
    I've always had this problem of giving too much to people.
    Now that second semester is starting I know for sure she'll stick with me in tutorials she doesn't have anyone to sit with.(She's quite close minded.She won't sit next to anyone in class or talk to them if she hasn't spoken to them before).
    I'm thinking of doing the same to her, ignoring her and sitting with different people but again I don't know if that's in me to start ignoring somebody just like that.I know how much she doesn't like being on her own.Shes very clingy.
    If you were in this situation would you ditch or nah?.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, don't be there then.

She clearly doesn't appreciate the efforts you're making so don't waste your breath on her...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.