Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to revise for language Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how does everyone revise effectively for a language? im currently doing spanish AS and need to revise but just dont know how to. Im doing flashcards but dont feel like they help, and will also do past papers later on. ive done posters for all the tenses so know most, just need to revise now!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    All of the past papers!! They help so much with knowing what kinds of questions they can ask (like positive/negative/not mentioned for example - always the ones that catch me out!)
    Be as secure as you can with your tenses, and practice writing essays under timed, exam conditions so you find out gaps in your knowledge, either vocab or othewise - I'm sure your teacher will mark them for you!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justpondering)
    All of the past papers!! They help so much with knowing what kinds of questions they can ask (like positive/negative/not mentioned for example - always the ones that catch me out!)
    Be as secure as you can with your tenses, and practice writing essays under timed, exam conditions so you find out gaps in your knowledge, either vocab or othewise - I'm sure your teacher will mark them for you!
    Good luck!
    thank you! i will do some and look up vocab that i dont know etc, thanks! so worried, theyre so much harder than gcses haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.