Getting the best results through revision Watch

Jellybeanz383
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just thought I'd share my revision tips. I'm currently doing AS so this works great, I don't know how well it will work for GCSE but I guess you could give it a go. Firstly, don't panic over making a structured and fabulous timetable. You don't need to make one from scratch. Use your regular timetable that you use at school and just adapt it. Go through your timetable and replace your subjects with topics for example if you have biology lesson 1 on a Monday, in your revision timetable put enzymes. Colour code it as well, this really helps with organising yourself. If you use this method then you don't need to panic about spending hours making a revision timetable and you don't have to worry about what topic to revise because you've already put it in your timetable. Secondly, revise the content and do as many past papers as you can, this way you are training your brain to make links to different topics and how to answer exam questions. You could also factor in exam practice in your lovely revision timetable that you just made! Hope this helps!

antigone-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good advice, thanks for sharing!

I'm in year 13 doing A2 now. I never used timetables simply because I never stick to them.

Some techniques I would advise are flashcards. Write key terms, dates or short questions on them and get people to test you, or test yourself. This was particularly useful for me.

Good luck with AS!
Jellybeanz383
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by antigone-)
Good advice, thanks for sharing!

I'm in year 13 doing A2 now. I never used timetables simply because I never stick to them.

Some techniques I would advise are flashcards. Write key terms, dates or short questions on them and get people to test you, or test yourself. This was particularly useful for me.

Good luck with AS!
Thanks for tips! Good luck with your a-levels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (154)
60.16%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.3%
No- I want it (73)
28.52%
No- I don't want it (18)
7.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise