Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The shotokan karate society Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome to this thread about anything to do with shotokan karate, take this as a chance to discuss anything karate related or just for some random chats.

I myself am a shodan intermediate, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    おす。
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by The Joker ~)
    おす。
    Osu

ReputationRep:
    1st Dan black belt in shotokan karate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Used to go twice every week until I hit 16. Got to blue belt. Wish I continued it.

ReputationRep:
    Machida representing.

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

[QUOTE=lozzielizzie;62410159]1st Dan black belt in shotokan karate.

Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Yea was a while ago, at some point hope to go for my 2nd Dan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

[QUOTE=lozzielizzie;62442147]Yea was a while ago, at some point hope to go for my 2nd Dan.

Good luck for when you grade.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Good luck with your training.. im planning to compete for the first time in march and grade for my 2nd kyu... the style of karate i do is not shotokan, its Shukokai Shitoryu but i thought i would jump in and wish others luck.

ReputationRep:
    That's kool, I wish I could train more in shotokan karate, but it's difficult when you belong to an association but no long live in an area where the association has a club. Which is why am hoping at some point to do my 2nd Dan but not sure when it will be. I since taken up Taekwondo as well, which i enjoy as well, not a high grade yet due to injury had to stop training for awhile, started back at beginning of year. Plus competed in my first competition in Taekwondo last weekend which was really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm a 2nd dan

ReputationRep:
    Well finally found a good club with another association to start training again which is brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I havent been to a dojo in 10 years. I was 1st kyu but I was a senpai for 1 and a half years and I competed twice in UKTKF UK championships

ReputationRep:
    About to grade to 1st dan black belt in a few months- need to know all 16 combinations for Jiyu ippon
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by lozzielizzie)
    Well finally found a good club with another association to start training again which is brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow, that is great news, wish you all the best with training.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going to be able to grade for my 2nd Dan either end of year or beginning of next year. As I have to do roughly a years worth of training with my new association before grading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.