Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to know if it's a good university because im from Croatia and I don't know about universities in UK, so can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of Edge Hill. I have received a conditional offer for "Music Production" and I don't know if I should go or not.

Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't think it's a good university. Are you getting value for money? Is a degree from Edge Hill worth £50,000 debt? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Personally I don't think it's a good university. Are you getting value for money? Is a degree from Edge Hill worth £50,000 debt? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion.
    A few things:

1. That is extremely elitist

2. They are doing music production. Edge hill is decent for that degree.

3. Where do you get £50,000 from? It's a 3 year course

ReputationRep:
    bare yutes, full of potential
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    A few things:

1. That is extremely elitist

2. They are doing music production.

3. Where do you get £50,000 from? It's a 3 year course
    In what way is my post elitist? The course is irrelevant, the OP asked for opinions on the university as a whole. I included living costs.

ReputationRep:

well I really dont know, I saw the programm that they offer and it seems great beccause here in croata we dont have any schools or colleges with that kind of course. and I'm also confused about the working while studying thing, some people told me that you cannot work while u study others say that you can work only 4 hours per day. I need to know that information because I need to work while I study because my parents cannot support me enitrely.

thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janey5)
    well I really dont know, I saw the programm that they offer and it seems great beccause here in croata we dont have any schools or colleges with that kind of course. and I'm also confused about the working while studying thing, some people told me that you cannot work while u study others say that you can work only 4 hours per day. I need to know that information because I need to work while I study because my parents cannot support me enitrely.

thank you
    You can work as much as you want whilst you study.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if I'm an international student?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if I'm an international student?
    You said you're from Croatia? EU citizens can work in the UK for as many hours as they want, even if they're studying.

ReputationRep:
    You said you're from Croatia? EU citizens can work in the UK for as many hours as they want, even if they're studying.
    Yes thank you,
    And one more thing, does the student loan include the costs of accommondation ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes thank you,
    And one more thing, does the student loan include the costs of accommondation ?
    The student loan only covers the tuition cost. EU students can't take out maintenance loans, so you need to pay for your accommodation and food yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know if it's a good university because im from Croatia and I don't know about universities in UK, so can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of Edge Hill. I have received a conditional offer for "Music Production" and I don't know if I should go or not.

Thank you
    Have you had a chance to visit the campus?

It's a while since I was there, and it has changed a lot, but I really liked it there. I liked the area - Ormskirk is small and pretty quiet really, but it doesn't take long to get to Liverpool or Southport.

If you like the course (i.e. all the modules you will cover) and the place itself, then I think that's the most important thing. Sure, there are universities that rank higher up the tables, but it's 3 years of your life - spend them somewhere you'll be happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.