The Student Room Group

EPQ title help

I was originally interested in looking at sexism in the film industry and Hollywood, but with recent controversy surrounding racisism in the academy awards, I would really like to look at that instead.
However I am stuck with my title, what would be good question/ title about racisim in Hollywood?
For racism in award show you could use:
"Do award ceremonies in Hollywood hold racial prejudice?" - this is pretty narrow and limits your research. But with it you data is precise and easier to get as you know exactly what you're looking for, e.g. you might want to look at how the proportion of white to non white nominees have changed over time.

"Has Hollywood truly moved on from racism" - this might be too broad though but it allows you to look at the history of Hollywood as one huge picture to make your decision and it leaves space for discussion and a good debate section

These are the two best ones I could think of sorry I cant give you more, I tried giving a adv and disadv to using these titles so you make an informed decision
Reply 2
Thank you, I think I like
"Do award ceremonies in Hollywood hold racial prejudice?". It's simple but will give me a good specific area to focus on.

Quick Reply

Latest