The Student Room Group

Moving the conversation on?

So I'm talking to this girl who is in the same school as me. We have been talking for about a couple of weeks now. However we are just talking as friends. I really like her and would like to move the 'relationship' onwards to something more serious such as going out.

I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone give me some advice please?

Thanks
Simples - ask her where you stand as a couple, and then approach the 'serious' aspect as suitable.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm talking to this girl who is in the same school as me. We have been talking for about a couple of weeks now. However we are just talking as friends. I really like her and would like to move the 'relationship' onwards to something more serious such as going out.

I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone give me some advice please?

Thanks

Do you have a class in common? Perhaps you could get together and study something or be her tutor kind of thing - I did that and it helped things to move forward.

Or maybe think about stuff you've found out about her through talking to use it and ask her out to somewhere she'd like to go, and maybe flirt a bit when you're with her.
Reply 3
Original post by flippantri
Simples - ask her where you stand as a couple, and then approach the 'serious' aspect as suitable.

As simple as that! Not for me! How would you word this?
Just ask her on a date...
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Do you have a class in common? Perhaps you could get together and study something or be her tutor kind of thing - I did that and it helped things to move forward.

Or maybe think about stuff you've found out about her through talking to use it and ask her out to somewhere she'd like to go, and maybe flirt a bit when you're with her.

She watched tons of films but you can't really talk in the cinema.
As simple as that! Not for me! How would you word this?

So say, 'there's this place I like/movie I want to see (movies suck for dates though), do you want to come with?'

See how it goes - if she says yes and it goes well, go on more and take it from there. If she says no, maybe you two just aren't meant to be.
She watched tons of films but you can't really talk in the cinema.

Mhm. I've been on an awkward cinema date. :doh: though I suppose you could combine it with a meal or hanging out somewhere if you wish.

Is there anything else?
Reply 8
So say, 'there's this place I like/movie I want to see (movies suck for dates though), do you want to come with?'

See how it goes - if she says yes and it goes well, go on more and take it from there. If she says no, maybe you two just aren't meant to be.

Ill try slipping something like that into conversation. Maybe when she mentions a new film or something.
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
Mhm. I've been on an awkward cinema date. :doh: though I suppose you could combine it with a meal or hanging out somewhere if you wish.

Is there anything else?

She reads a lot, but I doubt a date to the library would go down well 😂
Ill try slipping something like that into conversation. Maybe when she mentions a new film or something.

You could also mention a film and initiate it (have you seen the trailer for XYZ? you should watch it/what did you think/wanna come watch it w me?)
You could also mention a film and initiate it (have you seen the trailer for XYZ? you should watch it/what did you think/wanna come watch it w me?)

Thats perfect! Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending