Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i want biceps.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    personally i wudnt want to build up too much (eg. jason on bb), i think its not natural and is too much.
    Jason is taking steroids, thats why it doesnt look natural. Personally I reckon if you can get to his size whilst being a natural then good on you.

ReputationRep:
    There are three main types of people. Ectomorphs have naturally slim builds, and can eat a lot and not put on weight. However, they also find it very difficult to gain muscle, but it is still possible. Endomorphs have larger builds and gain muscle more easily than ectomorphs, but they put on weight far more easily than ectomorphs, and therefore their muscles are rarely visible beneath the excess body fat. Mesomorphs have more athletic builds and broad shoulders, and find it easy to build muscles. From your description, I'm guessing that you are an ectomorph. Lucky you! Many women would kill to be an ectomorph. However, it does mean that you will find it hard to build muscle. Jason, from BB, is probably a mesomorph and so naturally has bulkier muscles, and it is not possible (or very hard) to get muscles that big without steroids.

I think someone said this earlier, but if you do high reps with weights, you will not build muscles. Instead, your muscles will be leaner and more toned, and your body will burn energy more quickly. When you haven't done many weights before, do not go out and lift the heaviest weights you can find. Start light, and gradually increase the weight you lift.

Diet and nutrition is important. You need protein to build muscle. You can get this from soya, meat, beans, cheese and nuts. As you might be an ectomorph, this is especially important.

What's also important is stretching. If you just do weights and no stretching, your muscles will just become stiff and tight, and that's no good to anyone. To get nice, loose, strong and defined biceps, you need to do stretching if you do anything like press-ups and weights. After press-ups, stretch out your chest through the doorway, by leaning through the door frame with your arms raised and bent to either side.

Go for it, and don't give up! Don't expect immediate results...it takes time.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you hear that Jason is on steroids narb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Jason is taking steroids, thats why it doesnt look natural. Personally I reckon if you can get to his size whilst being a natural then good on you.
    if jason was on steroids wouldnt he be experiencing side affects from coming off them in the bb house ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    There are three main types of people. Ectomorphs have naturally slim builds, and can eat a lot and not put on weight. However, they also find it very difficult to gain muscle, but it is still possible. Endomorphs have larger builds and gain muscle more easily than ectomorphs, but they put on weight far more easily than ectomorphs, and therefore their muscles are rarely visible beneath the excess body fat. Mesomorphs have more athletic builds and broad shoulders, and find it easy to build muscles. From your description, I'm guessing that you are an ectomorph. Lucky you! Many women would kill to be an ectomorph. However, it does mean that you will find it hard to build muscle. Jason, from BB, is probably a mesomorph and so naturally has bulkier muscles, and it is not possible (or very hard) to get muscles that big without steroids.

I think someone said this earlier, but if you do high reps with weights, you will not build muscles. Instead, your muscles will be leaner and more toned, and your body will burn energy more quickly. When you haven't done many weights before, do not go out and lift the heaviest weights you can find. Start light, and gradually increase the weight you lift.

Diet and nutrition is important. You need protein to build muscle. You can get this from soya, meat, beans, cheese and nuts. As you might be an ectomorph, this is especially important.

What's also important is stretching. If you just do weights and no stretching, your muscles will just become stiff and tight, and that's no good to anyone. To get nice, loose, strong and defined biceps, you need to do stretching if you do anything like press-ups and weights. After press-ups, stretch out your chest through the doorway, by leaning through the door frame with your arms raised and bent to either side.

Go for it, and don't give up! Don't expect immediate results...it takes time.
    is it possible to change the way your body is, become a different type by modifying your diet, training patterns ??

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new lol... im James

Okay firstly, when you say you want biceps i assume you mean you want to increase mass on your upper arms. By far the best way to do this is by going to a gym.

I know you think you only want bigger bi's but, to make a complicated issue shorter if you increase the mass; and thus the strengh in your bi's it will affect your posture, your arms might look better in sleeveless tops but you will look like a monkey!

Go to a gym, get a personal trainer to give you a programme, and work on that, you wont suddenly turn into a bodybuilder overnight, it takes years and years of dedication (and steroids).

Gyms have the equipment, the advice and the correct safety equipment to insure to get the physique you want, not what you think you want.

Hope ive helped!

J

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to change the way your body is, become a different type by modifying your diet, training patterns ??
    No. It's not. But by modifying your diet and training patterns you can maximise your body's potential.

ReputationRep:
    yup sorry bro its all about genetics... bodybuilding is the cruelist sport in the world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    No. It's not. But by modifying your diet and training patterns you can maximise your body's potential.
    well i was always pretty average size, certainly not big (meso wotever), but since i started training i put on loads of weight (muscle not fat) really quickly, but it started to plateu off a bit now, i think i need to increase my protein intake again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably down to newbie gains...

increase you calories aswell as your protein, and try some new shocking methods... like dropsets on your squats - brings tears to your eyes!

try this - www.abcbodybuilding.com - best resource on the web, easy

ReputationRep:
    If you reach a plateau, and are not getting any more results, this means that you are not taking your body to any new limits. This may be because you've been following a routine for quite a while. Try to vary your routine, to challenge your body in new ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    Yeah probably down to newbie gains...

increase you calories aswell as your protein, and try some new shocking methods... like dropsets on your squats - brings tears to your eyes!

try this - www.abcbodybuilding.com - best resource on the web, easy
    cheers ill check that site out. i have been doin the same routines for a while now. do you recommend any supplements ??

ReputationRep:
    my friend in america swears by 'on' whey... but whether you can get it over here is another thing all together!

just eat like your possesed by some really hungary demon thing and you should be fine... oh and creatine if u arent already on it.

ReputationRep:
    my friend in america swears by 'on' whey... but whether you can get it over here is another thing all together!

just eat like your possesed by some really hungary demon thing and you should be fine... oh and creatine if u arent already on it.
    tried creatine, liked the way it held off muscle fatigue but you have to actually stay on it for the visual effects to stay.. so i let it go.

ReputationRep:
    you have to stay on it?.. erm, duno about that, muscle is muscle if you eat enough to handle the increased calorie requirement for your new muscle you should be fine... i know that is the problem people have with steroids... best to never get started in my opinion... creatine is expensive though, i dont even take any supplements anymore, i cant afford it, im goin to uni in sept... i need to eat when im there!

ReputationRep:
    you have to stay on it?.. erm, duno about that, muscle is muscle if you eat enough to handle the increased calorie requirement for your new muscle you should be fine... i know that is the problem people have with steroids... best to never get started in my opinion... creatine is expensive though, i dont even take any supplements anymore, i cant afford it, im goin to uni in sept... i need to eat when im there!
    yeah that was the main reason i came off it - so expensive. yeah but as far as im aware all creatine does it "blaot" your muscles with water, makes them look nice but come off it and you are back to normal within a month. i did quite a lot of research into it because of the health issues some people rant on about before i started.

ReputationRep:
    the only problem with bloat i had was with my stomach when i took it when i woke up!

as far as i know water retention in your muscles is dealt with by increasing you cardio when u go onto a cut cycle... but post the question on that website i gave you... the people (particuarly the mods) are very advanced and eat those sort of questions for breakfast, in between their oats and whey, i think :P.

ReputationRep:
    tried creatine, liked the way it held off muscle fatigue but you have to actually stay on it for the visual effects to stay.. so i let it go.
    Yeh, what creatine does is allow you lift heavier and train harder- it doesn't actually create muscle growth directly. Also, creatine is still quite a new product, so no-one's really certain of the long term effects, and whether it's actually safe. A lot of supplements and pills, as much as their manufacturers stress they are effective and safe, are often quite harmful and don't work very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    thanx, i do have some 5kg weights but there not that heavy
    I just do about roughly 4 sets if 20 reps with 7kg weights, this is along with 4 sets of 40kg bench presses.

ReputationRep:
    You are absolutly correct... creatine is not protein, it increases your pump, it emininates fatigue... it increases your explosive power, but it will not effect your muscles like protein does.

Creatine does occur naturally in the body, all supplementation does is increase drastically the amount in your body at one time, it isn't a hormone and as such it will not cause any side effects...

the longterm problems however, we will have to wait and see, but creatine in my opinion is safe... just be careful what else you take.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.