Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey just do a few press ups every other day. If you just want to be slightly more toned and a little bigger press ups are the best work out for your whole upper body (shoulders arms back chest). When it burns you're doing well

ReputationRep:
    OK this is all very good, but do i need to suplement my Protein intake, where would i get it? Do you i have to buy protien powder? And A ery Important Question:

Does masturbation affect this in any way i.e.ur muscles???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    the only problem with bloat i had was with my stomach when i took it when i woke up!

as far as i know water retention in your muscles is dealt with by increasing you cardio when u go onto a cut cycle... but post the question on that website i gave you... the people (particuarly the mods) are very advanced and eat those sort of questions for breakfast, in between their oats and whey, i think :P.
    Water retention is dealt with by drinking lots of water(funnily enough) and reducing sodium intake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    You are absolutly correct... creatine is not protein, it increases your pump, it emininates fatigue... it increases your explosive power, but it will not effect your muscles like protein does.

Creatine does occur naturally in the body, all supplementation does is increase drastically the amount in your body at one time, it isn't a hormone and as such it will not cause any side effects...

the longterm problems however, we will have to wait and see, but creatine in my opinion is safe... just be careful what else you take.
    Its quite surprising to see so many people using creatine. I wouldnt recommend using it personally, just from things Ive heard from people who have etc...

Lets make this clear, you dont need to buy whey at all. You can get the required amount of protein from normal food. The only problem is, there are relatively few foods that provide a high quanitity of protein(chicken, tuna, eggs) etc. and foods like eggs also contain alot of fat/carbs. Now, if youre gonna be eating 200-300g of protein then this also means alot of carbs, as you might know, excess carbs/fats are stored as fat, which is where the whey comes in. Whey is about 90% protein, so just add the water, and then you have 50g of protein to drink.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.