Can you study medicine with a Btec qualification in Applied science

Watch
Kely123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently studying Applied science(extended diploma) and I wanted to know whether any medical schools accept that or are there any other alternative routes to medicine?
wajtastic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, medicine sadly cannot be taken with any BTEC in question you will need to take Chemistry, biology and either maths or physics (or both) as this will keep all the medical schools open to you.

However with alternative paths, you may wish to consider a foundation degree in medicine as this will allow entry to medicine.

Hope this helps 😬
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UEA, Keele, Bradford and Nottingham accept BTEC Applied Science for Medicine (5 years inc. foundation yr)

Plymouth accept for first year entry
Kely123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What qualifications do I need to enter the foundation degree in medicine?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kely123)
What qualifications do I need to enter the foundation degree in medicine?
Not a foundation degree, its a foundation year, they are completely separate things

a foundation year is a preliminary year designed to better prepare you for the degree, the following 4 years will be the Medicine degree

Just have a look on their website and look at the entry requirements page for the Medicine (with foundation) page, email them if you need clarification

You said you had a BTEC Extended Diploma, so the ones i replied with accept applicants with the BTEC in Applied Science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (288)
29.84%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (471)
48.81%

Watched Threads