Y12s, how are you feeling about AS exams starting in four months?

Watch
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In the spirit of the GCSE thread lol

Reply below with what you're feeling and perhaps do something like your easiest exam and hardest exam coming up!

I sh*tting myself if I'm honest, the thought of getting bad questions and the amount to revise is massive.

'easiest' exam - C1
'hardest' exam - M1
WhyAlwaysMe?!
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not feeling too bad, considering how close we're getting now. Will start revising heavily in the next weeks.

'Hardest' exam - Physics papers

'Easiest' exam - C1 maths
Not_a_horse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!)
Not feeling too bad, considering how close we're getting now. Will start revising heavily in the next weeks.

I only have 5 exams this year but the universe has smitten me and 2 of them are on the same day (M1 and Physics) so not looking too forward to that.
Helfus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Should I start revising soon?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Easiest exam: C1/S1

Hardest: the rest :/
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite scared - probably more so for my Spanish speaking exam which is even sooner :unimpressed:
I'm not ready for AS exams!!!:cry::cry2::cry2:

Hardest Exam - probably D2 or the chemistry mock paper for predicted grades

Easiest Exam - definitely C1 haha - wouldn't mind if that was tomorrow
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Helfus)
Should have started atleast a month ago...
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

(Original post by Not_a_horse)
I only have 5 exams this year but the universe has smitten me and 2 of them are on the same day (M1 and Physics) so not looking too forward to that.
How come you guys have Physics papers - I thought all the sciences were linear now?
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Helfus)
YES! You should have already started but it's okay I'm starting now too - we can do this!
WhyAlwaysMe?!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Not_a_horse)
Physics and more physics... Sounds fun (not). :/ How come you only have 5 exams?

(Original post by #sarahsmith2)
How come you guys have Physics papers - I thought all the sciences were linear now?
These exams don't contribute to the final A-level; they only contribute to a stand-alone AS qualification but will be used for predicted grades, university applications, etc.
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Physics and more physics... Sounds fun (not). :/ How come you only have 5 exams?

These exams don't contribute to the final A-level; they only contribute to a stand-alone AS qualification but will be used for predicted grades, university applications, etc.
Oooh okay - so some schools make you do the whole AS separately for predicted grades to then repeat all of these exams the next year, or is it just past papers that you do?
WhyAlwaysMe?!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oooh okay - so some schools make you do the whole AS separately for predicted grades to then repeat all of these exams the next year, or is it just past papers that you do?
You won't repeat the AS exams in the second year. You'll have to do the A-level exams, which assess content from both the AS and A-level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You won't repeat the AS exams in the second year. You'll have to do the A-level exams, which assess content from both the AS and A-level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay I get it - but it'll still be the same content for half of the A Level exams though right?
WhyAlwaysMe?!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay I get it - but it'll still be the same content for half of the A Level exams though right?
Not sure about the exact ratios, but there will be content from both years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SANTR
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YES! You should have already started but it's okay I'm starting now too - we can do this!
What grades are you hoping to achieve?
SANTR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Should have started atleast a month ago...
How far are you in terms of revision?
And what grades are you hoping to attain?
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SANTR)
What grades are you hoping to achieve?
Hoping to get all As at AS and all A* at A level - I'm naturally clever so I'm not completely screwed by starting this late but I will be soon if I don't get my sh*t together :/
SANTR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hoping to get all As at AS and all A* at A level - I'm naturally clever so I'm not completely screwed by starting this late but I will be soon if I don't get my sh*t together :/
What subjects are you doing btw?
Have you started making notes etc?
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I'm scared for exam season! :afraid:. Thank goodness I only have four papers this year!
IzzyReeves
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omg only 4 months?! Starting to feel slightly screwed to be honest, but I'm more worried about my French speaking which is before exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (15)
32.61%
No (31)
67.39%

Watched Threads