Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Missing my ex.... Watch

Announcements

Hi I'm looking for advice about missing my ex. He broke up with me in december, we only went out for 2 months but I was his first ever relationship and I took his virginity.We know eachother through our hockey club and we have the same group of mates at the club.I see him quite often as you can imagine and I miss being with him so much which is weird because we didnt go out for that long. Hes 18 and I'm 17 and he broke up with me because he just didn't feel that he wanted a relationship.I really want him back but we haven't spoken since we broke up because we left it on a bad note, is there anyway to get him back? I'm worried to message him and embarrass myself since I'll still have to see him around.Anyone know what I should do?Thanks xx
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi I'm looking for advice about missing my ex. He broke up with me in december, we only went out for 2 months but I was his first ever relationship and I took his virginity.We know eachother through our hockey club and we have the same group of mates at the club.I see him quite often as you can imagine and I miss being with him so much which is weird because we didnt go out for that long. Hes 18 and I'm 17 and he broke up with me because he just didn't feel that he wanted a relationship.I really want him back but we haven't spoken since we broke up because we left it on a bad note, is there anyway to get him back? I'm worried to message him and embarrass myself since I'll still have to see him around.Anyone know what I should do?Thanks xx
    Breaking up with someone even if it was only a short relationship can be really difficult. One thing that I would ask you was how were things before you broke up? It can be quite easy when a relationship has finished to only remember the good things and forget their bad habits or problems you may have had just before you broke up. If the relationship was a good one and you think that you genuinely care about him and really are keen to give things another go I would suggest going for it. While it could be a bit embarrassing if he completely ignores or replies unkindly at least you will have tried. If you were worried about the response you could start of gently by dropping him a text asking how he is doing and saying that you would quite like to chat to him at some point if only to clear the air.
    • TSR Support Team

Personally I would just cut all contact, he has said he doesn't want a relationship and that is his choice, no point chasing someone who doesn't even want to be with you from personal experience. It is however natural to feel upset as it is your first relationship.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Personally I would just cut all contact, he has said he doesn't want a relationship and that is his choice, no point chasing someone who doesn't even want to be with you from personal experience. It is however natural to feel upset as it is your first relationship.
    It's his first and my like 3rd relationship.

(Original post by randdom)
    Breaking up with someone even if it was only a short relationship can be really difficult. One thing that I would ask you was how were things before you broke up? It can be quite easy when a relationship has finished to only remember the good things and forget their bad habits or problems you may have had just before you broke up. If the relationship was a good one and you think that you genuinely care about him and really are keen to give things another go I would suggest going for it. While it could be a bit embarrassing if he completely ignores or replies unkindly at least you will have tried. If you were worried about the response you could start of gently by dropping him a text asking how he is doing and saying that you would quite like to chat to him at some point if only to clear the air.
    Things were good, he seemed very into the relationship, we went out all the time saw eachoter every week outside of hockey, but then he just ended it and said we should just stop.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Things were good, he seemed very into the relationship, we went out all the time saw eachoter every week outside of hockey, but then he just ended it and said we should just stop.
    Then maybe just drop him a casual text and ask if he would be willing to meet up?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.