Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study Architecture at BATH.

Is there any advice you can give to help me get there, it's an absolute dream of mine
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccaism)

Is there any advice you can give to help me get there, it's an absolute dream of mine
    Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath, so hopefully I can help with your question. Architecture at Bath is a rather competitive course, with roughly 910 applicants for 107 places. Here is the advice given for entry requirements of the course.

Personal Statement
    Your personal statement should describe your motivation for choosing architecture and information about your relevant non-academic interests and achievements. You can demonstrate a commitment to the discipline by describing and reflecting on any related work experience you have carried out, books you may have read and notable buildings you have visited or been inspired by.

Grades
    In order to be considered for Architecture you will need to have achieved or be predicted to achieve GCE A level grades of A*AA (or equivalent; see below for details). Entry to the programme is very competitive and even if you meet the minimum entry requirements we cannot guarantee that you will be made an offer.

Your application will be strengthened by:
    • evidence of a strong interest in architecture demonstrated by, but not limited to, extra-curricular activity, research or work experience
    • evidence of study in addition to core subjects such as additional AS level(s)
    • additional A level(s)
    • a relevant Extended Project

Portfolios & Art & Design Qualifications
    We do not require the submission of a portfolio as part of the selection process. To ensure fairness to candidates we will not be able to use portfolio evidence if this is submitted. Undertaking an Art/Design qualification is the preferred option. We would encourage you to take an art foundation year before studying architecture if you do not have suitable qualifications in art and design. For those applicants whose schools do not offer art or design in their final years, we would review the applicant's Personal Statement, to ascertain whether he/she has had substantial exposure to art and design thinking and their application, through structured learning. The onus here is on the applicant to provide details of this involvement, ie. an evidence-based account of extra-curricular art/design work.

Preferred subject combinations
    We have a strong preference for applicants who have qualifications that demonstrate a breadth and depth of learning which includes a combination of mathematics/sciences with arts/humanities.

GCSE (or equivalent qualifications) requirements:
    Preference will be shown to applicants with a high proportion of GCSE A and A* grades

More detail can be found here:
    http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prosp...-requirements/

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions then feel free to let me know!

Chris

ReputationRep:

Ive appiled for the k100 architecture course, just waiting to hear back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magpie92)
    Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath, so I remember the wait for an offer very well from last year.

If you have applied for a competitive course (such as architecture) then it is likely that the university will receive a high volume of applications for the course. Processing all these applications takes time, and the university may make offers to applicants in batches in order to invite equal numbers of applicants to each department open day.It is difficult for universities to anticipate how many applications they will receive for each course, and the number received at the start of the cycle is not always a reliable indication of how many they will receive later on. Therefore, in order to ensure equal consideration of all applications, universities will sometimes wait until after the 15 January UCAS deadline to make decisions on applications for more competitive courses.

Hope this helps!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magpie92)
    Tell me how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay in this message.

But I am a second year civil engineer, and we have done a few modules with the architects, so if you have any questions, hopefully I can help.

Thanks,

Rob

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.