The Student Room Group

Did you go to your schools prom?

How was it? :groovy:

Scroll to see replies

Nah, I didn't go to mine. I stayed at home, ate some curry and watched DVDs instead, no regrets :biggrin:
Reply 2
Nope.
Reply 3
Didn't get laid so 0/10
Reply 4
Pretty bad. They charged us £30, to sit in a hotel, eating party food with rubbish music on in the background.
I didn't go.
Reply 7
Original post by Nirvana27
Pretty bad. They charged us £30, to sit in a hotel, eating party food with rubbish music on in the background.

This sounds pretty spot on, whilst all the 'popular' kids gave each other stupid awards.
My favourite part of mine was when it was over, me and my friend rode in a car boot all the way to our own after party.
We don't have proms in Scotland we have Christmas dances every year, I went to the same school from age 5 to 18 and went almost every year lol
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987
We don't have proms in Scotland we have Christmas dances every year, I went to the same school from age 5 to 18 and went almost every year lol

Emmmm.... No we definitely do have proms, it may be that all Scottish schools don't but the ones where I live do and tbh yours must be the first school I've heard of to not hold a prom
Original post by Treen98
Emmmm.... No we definitely do have proms, it may be that all Scottish schools don't but the ones where I live do and tbh yours must be the first school I've heard of to not hold a prom

Yours is definitely the first school I've heard of that does have a prom, all my friends from other schools in Glasgow have Christmas dances
Original post by Blondie987
Yours is definitely the first school I've heard of that does have a prom, all my friends from other schools in Glasgow have Christmas dances

Aww that's quite interesting, hadn't heard that before :tongue:, especially since I'm not too far from Glasgow. Maybe its just a Glasgow thing, I know a few school in Fife area that have proms too
Original post by Treen98
Aww that's quite interesting, hadn't heard that before :tongue:, especially since I'm not too far from Glasgow. Maybe its just a Glasgow thing, I know a few school in Fife area that have proms too

Fair enough, I just hadn't heard that schools in Scotland had proms before lol
Reply 13
I did but I hated it. The only good part was seeing all my teachers really drunk.
Reply 14
Im in year 11 now, so mines in June
Already secured myself a date, but am just imagining how awkward it would be trying to get my step dad to drive us both!
Nope, was expelled long before that.
Yeah, wasn't bad.
Nope... had no one to go with :colondollar:
Original post by jamespa
Im in year 11 now, so mines in June
Already secured myself a date, but am just imagining how awkward it would be trying to get my step dad to drive us both!

lol that seems awkward. Can imagine the conversations on the way there will be really cringy.
Didn't go to mine. Personally thought it was a waste of time, effort and money. It's the same reason I didn't go to leavers last year and any of the balls. Saved myself over £100 in total as well in doing so, and therefore this can be more well spent. It can contribute towards a holiday which is something I'd much rather do.

Quick Reply

Latest