Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skincare routines? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishgirl163)
    Exfoliate with what a scrub? They can be very damaging to your skin especially if you have any sort of spots as they will rip the head of and spread the bacteria. Scrubs make acne worse. Most people that care about there skin most definitely do wash their face at a sink not in the shower.
    Yes I exfoliate with a scrub. They tend to contain salicylic acid which helps to remove dead skin cells and prevents clogging of pores so I will continue to use it thanks.
    I don't have acne so this works for me.
    I do care about my skin. I have always washed my face in the shower and I have had no problems.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Yes I exfoliate with a scrub. They tend to contain salicylic acid which helps to remove dead skin cells and prevents clogging of pores so I will continue to use it thanks.
    I don't have acne so this works for me.
    I do care about my skin. I have always washed my face in the shower and I have had no problems.
    Whatever if I can't make you take my advice you clearly aren't open to try and make your skin look and feel better.

ReputationRep:
    The Hydra Quench Serum is soooo nice!!
    agreed!

ReputationRep:
    nice solution

ReputationRep:
    Whatever if I can't make you take my advice you clearly aren't open to try and make your skin look and feel better.
    Why would I change something that is and has been working for me for many years?
    Maybe you should try exfoliating to make your own skin look and feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venanza)
    I always try to get into a good routine to keep my skin hydrated and clean but i get lazy with it and i want to know if you guys have any good/simple/easy to remember routines for nights or super quick ones for mornings? thanks so much!
    note: i've tried steaming my face, cleansing at night (managed to keep that up) and using my lush spot stuff at nights || I'm also pretty strapped for time in the morning and tend to get lazy at night so a quick one would be best

-thanks to everyone who comments ((much appreciated))
    I use Clarins water comfort one step cleanser and then have recently started using Origins super spot remover blemish treatment gel and these have both been working very well on my spot prone skin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My routine (DRY SKIN)

DIET
    - Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
    - Lots of fruits & veg in diet (balanced).

MOISTURISE
    - I use 'Cold Cream' from Boots at day and night time everyday (Also after applying face wash).

FACEWASH
    - I used 'Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Wash and Mask' after every shower, removing makeup and steaming the face.

STEAMING
    - I steam my face once a month.

DIY FACIAL MASK (it restores moisture)
    - I do this once a week
    - Half a grated apple, 1 tablespoon of honey, few drops of olive oil from a pipette and lots of sugar till its a thick tar like consistency.
    - Apply all over the face and wash it off after it dries.

REMOVING MAKEUP
    - I used cold cream/coconut oil and a tissue to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Quick tip, try using putting your eye balm on before moisturiser as your skin will be able to absorb the gel better as there isn't already a barrier been created from the moisturiser!
    Looooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine97)
    My routine (DRY SKIN)

DIET
    - Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
    - Lots of fruits & veg in diet (balanced).

MOISTURISE
    - I use 'Cold Cream' from Boots at day and night time everyday (Also after applying face wash).

FACEWASH
    - I used 'Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Wash and Mask' after every shower, removing makeup and steaming the face.

STEAMING
    - I steam my face once a month.

DIY FACIAL MASK (it restores moisture)
    - I do this once a week
    - Half a grated apple, 1 tablespoon of honey, few drops of olive oil from a pipette and lots of sugar till its a thick tar like consistency.
    - Apply all over the face and wash it off after it dries.

REMOVING MAKEUP
    - I used cold cream/coconut oil and a tissue to do this.
    Hmm never steamed my face before. What does it do?

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much for the comments everyone, i think i have a good idea of products/etc to get )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Hmm never steamed my face before. What does it do?
    If you don't have a steamer you could use get a big bowl of boiling hot water, place your head over the bowl with a towel over your head. Do this till the steam disappears.

Steaming unclogs the dirts and oils (which are causes of skin problems such as spots, pimples and acne) trapped in your pores.

ReputationRep:
    For good skincare, it is necessary that you try to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Maintain your sleeping patterns, at least 8 hours per night. Also try to exercise regularly since this improves blood circulation, although it can be difficult to find adequate time during exam season. Try to avoid fatty/greasy foods because this increases oil production and leads to increased redness and spots. Yet most importantly I cannot stress how important water is... I cannot live without drinking at least 3 litres a day because ultimately it hydrates your skin whilst removing toxins. It's so much healthier than constantly drinking sugary carbonated drinks and makes you feel so much better about yourself! No external products will benefit you unless you're healthy internally

As for products, I personally use a gentle cleanser in the morning to remove dirt that accumulates overnight. I usually use the Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleansing milk but a cheaper alternative is the Simple Moisturising facial wash which is equally as effective. Depending on how constrained time is and how cold it is outside, I may use moisturiser. My favourite moisturiser ever is the Clinique moisture surge. It literally sinks into your skin rather than forming an oil layer sitting on your skin like most other moisturisers do. I love it so much! It really does help A LOT

Most of my skincare routine takes place in the evening because I'm usually too tired to do anything in the morning haha. I use a more heavy cleanser, most often I will use Freederm facial wash since I've recently suffered a lot with breakouts. I also like the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm although this is quite expensive. For moisturiser I use the Clinique moisture surge (of course haha) or Embryollise Lait Creme Concentre. And for face masks I have LOVED the Origins Rose Intensive Clay Mask omg it is amazing! It has helped me control my breakouts, unclogged my pores and reduced redness! I couldn't recommend it more

Sorry about the ramble haha hope I helped

PS if you're struggling with acne I recommend visiting the doctors and asking for medication. I used to take Tetracycline which helped me control my skin for three years. However since it is an antibiotic I have developed resistance so I'm now taking oxytetracycline. I'm hoping to take roaccutane at some point if my dermatologist allows me, it is supposed to be a miracle worker haha! Doctors can also prescribe topical treatments like benozyl peroxide which has worked wonders for my skin too

ReputationRep:
    What products do you use? A good quality facial oil is around £90 so really its not bad for a full routine.
    This right here is nonsense.

When you're looking for good quality skin care the important thing is the ingredients, which often don't have to make the product expensive. If you're paying that much for a facial oil you are in all likelihood paying for the brand not the quality.

You could argue that high end brands bring quality, which sometimes is the case. However that is not to say you can't get quality products far far cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Quick tip, try using putting your eye balm on before moisturiser as your skin will be able to absorb the gel better as there isn't already a barrier been created from the moisturiser!
    You like Huey Lewis and the News?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    You like Huey Lewis and the News?
    Hey Paul!

ReputationRep:
    You can also drink coconut water instead of plain water. It would be much better.
    But there are a lot of brands you can choose from.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.