The Student Room Group

4 as resits plus 7 A2 exams possible

At as i achieved BBB in Maths, Bio and Chem. However I really want AAA at the end of A2. Im planning to resit both chem units, unit 2 of bio and S1 for maths.

My main concern is balancing my as resits with A2 exams and also whether I have enough time to revise for each of my exams. I haven't really started any revision for my as exams but i understand most of content, so I'm not really learning everything from scratch.

I plant on starting revision tomorrow (2-3 hours after college and revising in my frees. then gradually increasing hours). Do you think its manageable or am i taking on too much?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Your AS revision should complement your A2 revision and should be a lot easier too. You'll be fine
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Your AS revision should complement your A2 revision and should be a lot easier too. You'll be fine

Yeah true. It should hopefully give me a better understanding of the topics overall. S1 is the only exam that isn't synoptic, but its not that bad tbh.
Reply 3
Original post by I-like-kebabs
At as i achieved BBB in Maths, Bio and Chem. However I really want AAA at the end of A2. Im planning to resit both chem units, unit 2 of bio and S1 for maths.

My main concern is balancing my as resits with A2 exams and also whether I have enough time to revise for each of my exams. I haven't really started any revision for my as exams but i understand most of content, so I'm not really learning everything from scratch.

I plant on starting revision tomorrow (2-3 hours after college and revising in my frees. then gradually increasing hours). Do you think its manageable or am i taking on too much?

If you got B's wouldnt you be able to get A's without having to resit ?
Original post by mary_eki
If you got B's wouldnt you be able to get A's without having to resit ?

Yeah, it would be possible but my B's were very low apart from Biology. Therefore, id have to score highly on A2 papers, which is quite difficult since they're a lot more challenging than As. I'd rather not just rely on A2 and maximise my as marks, which will allow me to not do as well on A2. But yeah, i see where you're coming from. Its a bit of a dilemma lol.
I have quite a lot of resits, all together I have 11 exams though. I also have 2 Chem re-sits. I think it's all very possible, just have to put in the work. Start working on re-sits ASAP.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Isnt the new AS Levels linear?
Reply 7
Yeah, it would be possible but my B's were very low apart from Biology. Therefore, id have to score highly on A2 papers, which is quite difficult since they're a lot more challenging than As. I'd rather not just rely on A2 and maximise my as marks, which will allow me to not do as well on A2. But yeah, i see where you're coming from. Its a bit of a dilemma lol.

Ahh well good luck !! As long as you make enough time to study for each paper. Practice as much past papers as possible I'd say. I'm retaking my unit 2 in AS biology as well. I'm on Edexcel though, you?
Yeah many of my friends who aren't resitting have 12 with 4 subjs. And then those who are resitting have like 14.. And the ones who take 5 subjects AND are resitting have like 16-17.

Definitely 11 is doable plus some content will overlap/complement
Original post by mary_eki
Ahh well good luck !! As long as you make enough time to study for each paper. Practice as much past papers as possible I'd say. I'm retaking my unit 2 in AS biology as well. I'm on Edexcel though, you?

Yeah past papers are the way to go, espescially with how specific these bio mark schemes are. Im on OCR. Good luck to you as well.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I have quite a lot of resits, all together I have 11 exams though. I also have 2 Chem re-sits. I think it's all very possible, just have to put in the work. Start working on re-sits ASAP.

Yeah, ive started past papers.You doing OCR A for chem?
Original post by Student403
Yeah many of my friends who aren't resitting have 12 with 4 subjs. And then those who are resitting have like 14.. And the ones who take 5 subjects AND are resitting have like 16-17.

16-17 is crazy, but then again my friend did do 21 last year lol. How many you got?
Yeah, its all about the hours tbh. I just need ti do it instead of thinking about how many exams ive got.
(edited 8 years ago)
16-17 is crazy, but then again my friend did do 21 last year lol. How many you got?

Got 11 :biggrin:

how much do you exam papers costs or are they free in the UK?
Reply 14

Anyone taking 5 subjects with retakes should have considered dropping a subject...

I have 13 myself *dying on the inside*
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Anyone taking 5 subjects with retakes should have considered dropping a subject...

I have 13 myself *dying on the inside*

Ah good luck :P

Nah people retake for a variety of reasons:

While many people retake Bs and Cs, my friends are retaking their 95s because they want 100s (talking about a couple of 5-ers here) :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
The odds are stacked against you
i'm resitting two papers and doing 8 exams altogether, I'm finding that stressful on its own :frown:
Reply 18
Ah good luck :P

Nah people retake for a variety of reasons:

While many people retake Bs and Cs, my friends are retaking their 95s because they want 100s :P

The difference in raw marks is absolutely minimal though, tell your friends that they'd have to have a lot of luck on their side!
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
The difference in raw marks is absolutely minimal though, tell your friends that they'd have to have a lot of luck on their side!

Not really. Many actually got quite unlucky due to silly mistakes/pressure of the exam. Now that they can do it relaxed, I'm sure they'll get it. These guys are really good lol and generally always get 74-75 on all their modules xD

Quick Reply

Latest