Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman refuses medical treatment from Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    you are stating that all the Muslims I've met sympathise with suicide bombers.
    Look, I disagree with the person you're arguing with - the woman in the story was being a massive baby and the guy is wasting his time arguing the toss over things like structuring points - but you shouldn't lie like this. I know you later tried to weasel out of it when he called you out on it by saying he implied it but he didn't even do that.

You've made yourself look really bad here. A dishonest person.

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nununu)
    Then we can assume your claim is false.....shame.
    So he doesn't want to give out his mother's details on an internet forum so you assume his claim is false? Do you have brain damage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    It must be hard being so far off the deep end of the spectrum.
    Is this an adult My Little Pony fan making calling someone else autistic?

To be fair I actually agree with you but I'd change your avi before making that jibe in the future

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=KimKallstrom;62269239]So he doesn't want to give out his mother's details on an internet forum so you assume his claim is false? Do you have brain damage?[/QUOTE
    There are other way of proving things apart from using his mother as a source, which would be a biased source and so unacceptable anyway.

Not that you will be able to follow this reasoning

(Original post by mariachi)
    I am very sorry, but I quite liked the idea of someone wearing his "atonement" on his head (rather immodest, I would say)

in any case, I was also wrong about "kippah":it is not Hebrew, but Yiddish, and has the same Germanic root as "cap", "Kappe" etc

yarmulke on the other hand is of Semitic origin : it contains the same m-l-k root that you have in Arabic "malik" (king)

it means "respect", "reverence" : you would wear such a head covering before a king

all the best
    It's OK - I just get a lot of semantics back from my dad sometimes and it gets on my manly breasticles.

If yarmulke is from the m-l-k root shared with the Arabic for king, you could have given me the Hebrew, melek - I have almost enough Hebrew to get by :lol: actually I'd really love to learn it.

But that all could be quite an interesting bit of theological word-play; if you go with my mistake that kippur is worn on the head in the form of a yarmulke, surely that means you're wearing your atonement before the king? As in being humble before God, which is the whole point, right?

Funny anecdote: I'm a Christian, and have always had the greatest respect for Jews as the fathers of my own faith. My best friend is engaged to a girl who was brought up Jewish, and while she doesn't keep the faith any more she wanted to have the children blessed, and I was invited to the synagogue with their families. Now, I usually wear a black fedora around, and before the service started I went to take it off and put on a yarmulke, but the rabbi told me that my fedora would do; it was simply about keeping my head covered. So, I kept it on, and then a few days later my friend told me that some of the other people there had asked if I was a travelling rabbi, because of the hat and the fact that I have a beard.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Is this an adult My Little Pony fan making calling someone else autistic?

To be fair I actually agree with you but I'd change your avi before making that jibe in the future
    That, or I just don't care what people think about what TV shows I watch in my spare time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    She can be naked? :eek:
    I said she can wear what she wants, did it look like I said she doesn't have to wear clothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So if the patient has the right to have a personal preference for a doctor, the woman in the OP was in her right?
    Generally, a patient can refuse treatment whenever they want unless they are sectioned.

The Woman can ask for another Doctor for any stupid reason she has. She can say, I don't like non whites people and ask for a white Doctor.

The only job of the Doctor is to refer her on to an appropriate Doctor so she can receive Medical treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I said she can wear what she wants, did it look like I said she doesn't have to wear clothing?
    Ok, just a g-string then.

ReputationRep:
    i am not really surprised

there are a lot of racist people in the uk.....sad but thats the world we live in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)

there are a lot of racist people in the uk.....sad but thats the world we live in
    You seem to live in a different world to the rest of us.

This happened in Ireland.

ReputationRep:

Yes, so many Asian parents don't allow their children to marry outside their race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    if you go with my mistake that kippur is worn on the head in the form of a yarmulke, surely that means you're wearing your atonement before the king? As in being humble before God, which is the whole point, right?
    yes, interesting idea (although "atonement" would be specifically reserved for God, I would say)

(Original post by Tootles)
    Funny anecdote: I'm a Christian, and have always had the greatest respect for Jews as the fathers of my own faith. My best friend is engaged to a girl who was brought up Jewish, and while she doesn't keep the faith any more she wanted to have the children blessed, and I was invited to the synagogue with their families. Now, I usually wear a black fedora around, and before the service started I went to take it off and put on a yarmulke, but the rabbi told me that my fedora would do; it was simply about keeping my head covered. So, I kept it on, and then a few days later my friend told me that some of the other people there had asked if I was a travelling rabbi, because of the hat and the fact that I have a beard.
    Yes, Jews wear some of the strangest, most diverse head-coverings

e.g. this is a a shtreimel (Yiddish: שטרײַמל, pl. שטרײַמלעך shtreimlech), a fur hat worn by many married haredi Jewish men Name:  Shtreimel.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  23.9 KB

best

ReputationRep:
    good grief ... this thread is still going ...

ReputationRep:

Go and get a map and find Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And a lot of people who don't know where Ireland Is (Hint get a map)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    who knows ? perhaps a well deserved reputation...
    I have to admit that I am quite generous with my favourite Attachment 497713 have one,please

however, there is an issue here : when people speak of covering, there is always a great confusion : hijab, headscarf, khimaar, niqab, tchador, jilbab, burkah are used by some as almost synonymous, leading to total confusionI am very sorry, but I quite liked the idea of someone wearing his "atonement" on his head (rather immodest, I would say)

in any case, I was also wrong about "kippah":it is not Hebrew, but Yiddish, and has the same Germanic root as "cap", "Kappe" etc

yarmulke on the other hand is of Semitic origin : it contains the same m-l-k root that you have in Arabic "malik" (king)

it means "respect", "reverence" : you would wear such a head covering before a king

all the best
    כיפה(kippah) is a pure Hebrew word Yamulke is a Yiddish word

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.