Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most money you would spend without thinking twice? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a hundred or so because it entirely depends on what im buying. Doesnt happen often because I'm in the business of saving my earnings

ReputationRep:
    It's all about that £1 Boots meal deal on a Monday if you're on o2!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what I'm buying...

£60 for a new waterproof? Good value wouldn't think twice.

80p for a packet of crisps? **** off.

ReputationRep:
    £500, is have to probably actually need it for me to spend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    As a student, it's all about the Tesco meal deals. So anything more than £3 is steep...
    Exactly this!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I'd certainly think twice about paying £6 for a pint of beer.

ReputationRep:
    50p

ReputationRep:
    Obviously £1

ReputationRep:
    Anything over £4 really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Probably around £30ish, as people have been saying, although it obviously depends what it's for. If I picked up a pair of socks and they turned out to be £30 I would likely think twice about it (the second thought would probably be 'no').
    Glad I made the assumption that your circumstances must be such to afford not to have to think about what austerity means. 'Probably' wouldn't spend £30 on socks. I'm not exactly poor and I would never spend that on socks.

Some people only have £30 a week to live on!

ReputationRep:
    I always think twice about spending any amount of money.

ReputationRep:
    It's something between £3 and £4, when I'm at the pub I'll happily buy most pints but as it creeps up to near £4 I start thinking '**** me, when are you sprinkling in the gold dust?'.

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on what I'm buying. If there was something that caught my eye and then I looked at the price tag and it'd been reduced half price to £50, I'd grab it instantly. Whereas another item that I don't feel is worth, say, £10, I'd be like "Well, it's not gonna even dent my wallet, but I begrudge spending a tenner on that".

So, for me, whether or not I think about it depends on whether or not I feel like it's money well spent, but I guess anything over £50 makes me question whether or not I actually need what I'm about to buy.

ReputationRep:
    My life savings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I'd say for me it would be about £25.
    somewhere between a pound and a fiver :bootyshake::colondollar: lmaooo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Glad I made the assumption that your circumstances must be such to afford not to have to think about what austerity means. 'Probably' wouldn't spend £30 on socks. I'm not exactly poor and I would never spend that on socks.

Some people only have £30 a week to live on!
    Wow, you rumbled me. Give yourself a pat on the back.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you rumbled me. Give yourself a pat on the back.
    You'd make an excellent conservative politician who always tows the party line and only really cares about maintaining your own wealth and keeping your rich pals happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say £150.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    You'd make an excellent conservative politician who always tows the party line and only really cares about maintaining your own wealth and keeping your rich pals happy.
    Yes, I only really care about maintaining my fabulous, double-digit wealth. Hopefully if the Tories stay in power my 'rich pals' and I will continue to be able to spend such heady sums without second-guessing ourselves -- maybe if we really oppress the proletariat it might creep up to £32.50 one day :laugh:

You're trying to do a political gotcha in a chat thread ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I only really care about maintaining my fabulous, double-digit wealth. Hopefully if the Tories stay in power my 'rich pals' and I will continue to be able to spend such heady sums without second-guessing ourselves -- maybe if we really oppress the proletariat it might creep up to £32.50 one day :laugh:

You're trying to do a political gotcha in a chat thread ffs.
    It's not a political 'gotcha'. It's just observing that it makes sense that your line on austerity is so unforgiving. I didn't want to be intrusive and ask you your financial situation on the other topic and I didn't want to make assumptions but I certainly thought this might be the case. All I'm trying to put across to you is that your world view is biased and only based on your good fortune and circumstances which you will inevitably disguise as working hard. Come back to me when you're born into nothing and have no money growing up or through uni but still make your life a success.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.