Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most money you would spend without thinking twice? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    As a student, it's all about the Tesco meal deals. So anything more than £3 is steep...
    Pff, £2 is my usual limit. Gotta get those 2 for £4 deals...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not encouraging people to change who they are or what they've come from.

I'm just suggesting that people think about what their opinions are based on and whether they really understand what it's like to be on the other side.

If your world view is solely conditioned by your circumstances then you are just not using your actual brain enough, when you have the potential and fortune to do so. It's convenient ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    I'm not exactly poor because I've made a success of myself as an individual. My family is poor and I grew up with no money so in a way I consider myself poor in the way I think about money. I could afford it now but my respect of money and the realisation that austerity is not a joke as it affects people I care about is why I take such an issue with TimonnaPortella's response on this thread. On another issue yesterday, which at the core of it was the relative merits of the current governments austerity measures, he/she was acting like people who are affected are subhuman. But I don't think you can only support your opinions with your own world view of the situation which is biased and because you can afford not to care.
    If anything, we're helping the economy with our £30-limited indulgences. I don't know why you're giving us such a hard time. If we want to buy a 100g Peruvian pure cocoa chocolate bar for 28 quid, then we will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    If anything, we're helping the economy with our £30-limited indulgences. I don't know why you're giving us such a hard time. If we want to buy a 100g Peruvian pure cocoa chocolate bar for 28 quid, then we will.
    I don't take issue with anyone's relative ability to spend money comfortably. That's fine. I haven't responded to AG who said £25. I'm responding specifically to TP because yesterday she/he was being completely inhumane when talking about austerity measures.

ReputationRep:
    I don't take issue with anyone's relative ability to spend money comfortably. That's fine. I haven't responded to AG who said £25. I'm responding specifically to TP because yesterday she/he was being completely inhumane when talking about austerity measures.
    He/she is one of the most vile human beings I've come by. Despite the fact he/she is uber-liberal on the whole LGBT/sex-change front, he/she has no sympathy in his/her heart for anyone who spends less than £20 on a pair of gloves. It's an outrage.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Like £3.49 . . .

ReputationRep:
    About £20

ReputationRep:
    Fiver

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I just spent £625 on a new jacket, I didn't think twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Funnily enough I just spent £625 on a new jacket, I didn't think twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice. What jacket?

ReputationRep:
    Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are the best! My friend had one at uni and I basically stole it.

ReputationRep:
    all of my savings

ReputationRep:
    Lunch is like £5-6 so I'd say £6.

ReputationRep:
    Like....... idk...... like loads of money...... maybe 500 euro? maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C00lguy66)
    all of my savings
    yeah wright...... Like you would even do that. Silly cow

ReputationRep:
    It depends what it is. As long as it doesn't create a significant dent in my bank account idm.

I do love a good deal though - most things I own (apart from makeup) were bought on sale or in outlets. I get designer stuff for proper cheap in sample sales etc. Also that 70% off in ASOS outlet 😍

I spend a lot of money on food too. I don't like eating non-organic or non-fair trade. Corn fed chicken ftw lol. Imo it acc does taste better and I've watched too many documentaries on how badly chickens are treated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by portuGAL<3)
    yeah wright...... Like you would even do that. Silly cow
    omg... stop trolling

ReputationRep:
    They are the best! My friend had one at uni and I basically stole it.
    Worth every penny. Should be with me tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C00lguy66)
    omg... stop trolling
    lozzzz. like me even be trollin da forum. you gotta be kiddin da bi!acth. me tinks u be trollin 4everz freak sake

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.