The Student Room Group

Will Trump actually win the election??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Clearly not every woman is affected/offended by him. He's extremely un-PC which is what a lot of Americans want right now.

Fair enough, it just seems like he has absolutely no filter but I'm sure that's part of his campaign scheme
Original post by Blondie987
I would try to take you seriously if you weren't trying to defend a man who thinks that a wall should be built between Mexico and America, so we'll just agree to disagree

You'd rather support a culture which believes in genital mutilation, stoning, the chopping off of hands for petty theft and the imposition of these policies in western society, than the man - the only man, I might add! - trying to prevent them?

Minorities rule, majorities drool. When the new minority rules, I really hope you are happy with it.
Original post by tanyapotter
come on bernie sanders come on

Lol, you're the sort of clown that you vote Corbyn and protest for open borders
Fair enough, it just seems like he has absolutely no filter but I'm sure that's part of his campaign scheme

That's exactly why he has so much support. He isn't afraid to be blunt or controversial. It's part of scheme, but it's also part of him.

If he gets voted in, I'd be very worried. In fact I'd be worried now if I was American.
Original post by Au contraire
You'd rather support a culture which believes in genital mutilation, stoning, the chopping off of hands for petty theft and the imposition of these policies in western society, than the man - the only man, I might add! - trying to prevent them?

Minorities rule, majorities drool. When the new minority rules, I really hope you are happy with it.

I have no idea where you got that idea from but I am entitled to have an opinion on Trump and seeing the kind of belligerent nonsense he comes out with, I believe it is the right one, you are entitled to your own opinion as well, I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just opening this issue up for discussion. I don't believe that minorities are the enemy nor are the majorities.
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
That's exactly why he has so much support. He isn't afraid to be blunt or controversial. It's part of scheme, but it's also part of him.

If he gets voted in, I'd be very worried. In fact I'd be worried now if I was American.

Whether he's voted in or not is largely irrelevant. He's started conversations the Marxist establishment don't want to have. He has demonstrated that all that's required to take down decades worth of class warfare waged along gender, ethnic, sexual and religious lines is...one man with a big mouth.

Identity politics is built on sand. One day, and one day soon, the entire brainwashed existence of the identity ideologues will come crashing down around their eyes and it will be exposed for what it really is - communism, self-loathing and an incessant quest to guilt-trip millions of civilised people into denouncing their own self-interest (while advancing the self-interest of every other culture on planet earth).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26

Do you support Trump?
Original post by Maker
Do you support Trump?

My support for Trump exists in direct relation to my loathing of class warfare being waged along ethnic, gender and religious lines.
Whether he's voted in or not is largely irrelevant. He's started conversations the Marxist establishment don't want to have. He has demonstrated that all that's required to take down decades worth of class warfare waged along gender, ethnic, sexual and religious lines is...one man with a big mouth.

Identity politics is built on sand. One day, and one day soon, the entire brainwashed existence of the identity ideologues will come crashing down around their eyes and it will be exposed for what it really is - communism, self-loathing and an incessant quest to guilt-trip millions of civilised people into denouncing their own self-interest (while advancing the self-interest of every other culture on planet earth).

i want trump to win. obama has been to much of a steady eddy and with trump you are guaranteed comedy gold, plus he has some good policies and i think people, especially uni students, seem to jump on the "hate trump" bandwagon because it's the thing to be seen doing. I would like to see how the markets react. I think both Europe and America have become pushovers and are in need of strong characters willing to buck the trend, stick to their policies in the face of adversity (no, not corbyn), and to start earning some respect for their countries. PC leaders like Merkel and co are ruining europe
The bookies tend to be more accurate than the pollsters in this regard.

Bet 365 has Trump at 11/10 to win the Republican primaries.

So yep, pretty likely. The next is Rubio at 9/4, so he's a strong favourite to win it right now. Be terrified.

Unfortunately, the man much like Jezzer has no appeal outside of his small band of rabid followers, so has very small chance of winning the presidential race. Your left/right wing hardcores might get you the nomination but you need the centre ground to win a presidential election...

God help us all?

SS
Original post by TunaTunnel
Lol, you're the sort of clown that you vote Corbyn and protest for open borders

guilty as charged :smile:
Reply 32
My support for Trump exists in direct relation to my loathing of class warfare being waged along ethnic, gender and religious lines.

Surely you can admit the man is a joke though? His policies involve building a wall on the border with Mexico and making the Mexican government pay for it (he hasn't yet hinted how he is going to do this) and beating ISIS by killing their innocent family members. To top it all off almost everything he wants to do is completely unconstitutional.
Original post by djh2208
Surely you can admit the man is a joke though? His policies involve building a wall on the border with Mexico and making the Mexican government pay for it (he hasn't yet hinted how he is going to do this) and beating ISIS by killing their innocent family members. To top it all off almost everything he wants to do is completely unconstitutional.

PRSOM
What are people scared about exactly? This man isn't an idiot, he's a successful billionaire surrounded by other bright people who know what they're doing.
Original post by djh2208

Question: name one person who is doing, or suggesting, anything else?

Just one. There's a problem, what does the Marxist establishment propose to do about it? Nothing. They propose yet more tolerance of the intolerable, injustice to fight injustice, and more class warfare.

What have they got? Name something. Anything.

Trump is the only one proposing something.
Reply 36
Original post by SchwartzBeWithU
What are people scared about exactly? This man isn't an idiot, he's a successful billionaire surrounded by other bright people who know what they're doing.

No, he's not successful. He has gone bankrupt multiple times and would be just as rich if he had invested all of his inherited money in an index fund (http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/)
Original post by SchwartzBeWithU
What are people scared about exactly?

The demise of Third Way politics (the political equivalent of living life watching nil-nil draws while being told you're intolerant and bigoted if you refuse to support the other side the entire match), identity politics (the political equivalent of an extreme lack of self-esteem, loathing everything about yourself, and loathing your own culture) and moral relativism (the political equivalent of being told everything you oppose can be justified if the perpetrator is of the correct identity).

They are scared about the demise of group warfare, like all good brainwashed Marxists.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Do you think it is possible or even likely that Donald Trump will win the presidential election? If so how do you feel about this?

Spoiler

Fear not, I hope He doesn't either :crossedf:
He's right about other candidates being bought though..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending