The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Questions????!

Hey...just confirmed aston as my firm last week and i have alot of qns for pple either at the skul or who have been there...alot of the posts say that international students are in lakeside,does that mean there are none in the standard rooms.,?how easy is it to get a part time job?whats special about the heights??and who throws the best parties?and how long till u get confirmation that aston recieved your reply>?any other general information would be gr8,thanx
Reply 1
C'mon guys.....alittle help.,!thanx
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
lizzie_89
Hey...just confirmed aston as my firm last week and i have alot of qns for pple either at the skul or who have been there...alot of the posts say that international students are in lakeside,does that mean there are none in the standard rooms.,?how easy is it to get a part time job?whats special about the heights??and who throws the best parties?and how long till u get confirmation that aston recieved your reply>?any other general information would be gr8,thanx

There are 'less' international students in standard, on average.

Part-time jobs, easy if you look. Plenty of retail based jobs etc. You can even work for uni doing tours and suchlike occasionally.

Nothing is special about the heights in particular, its pretty close to uni and is approximately 95% international students.

The best parties are thrown by everyone and the best way to answer that question is to go to them all. Standard accomodation is normally better, simply due to larger flats. On that basis, stafford is probably the best, as the two flats are linked, meaning 18 on each floor.

I've written massive write up's on Aston generally somewhere in the forum, just do a search through the stuff! Hope that helps, revision time, whoop.
Reply 3
Thanx a bunch...that helps a lot...Ive seen most of the posts but they didnt answer the one bout international guys in the standard..But the other posts say that the international kids arent given priority for lakeside..???oh,and sorry bout ur finals...i have mine too and i know it sucks..,lol...really...
Reply 4
no problems, good luck!
Reply 5
lizzie_89, good to see people from nairobi are coming to Aston; I came from nrb 3years ago

Latest