Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do? Bf problems Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So my bf has been staying with his cousins for a few days, and they just relax, drink have a good time and he told me that his cousins are inviting strippers/prostitutes over and that he will be there during this time. He knows I wouldn't like the idea. although I trust him I asked him to be at home with me but he just starting asking why do I care if he is there etc. He said he'll be in a diff room anyway

What would you suggest I do? I don't know how to feel :/ I trust him more than anything or maybe I'm just blinded by the love for him to see what he really wants. It's not the first time he's said stuff like this

ReputationRep:
    He could have hid it from you but instead he told you about it...

ReputationRep:
    He's testing you to see how much freedom you'll give him. It's annoying and troublesome, as a girl, I wouldn't put up with it. A relationship is not a game of "see her reaction". Just tell him this is making you uneasy and talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's true- I think it's a good sign that he actually told you instead of hiding it! But remember, if you really trust him, there's a good chance he wouldn't hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but it's not acceptable for him to be there when that's happening and for him to ask why you'd be bothered is ridiculous.

If I were you I'd tell him that you aren't happy and if he thinks that's unacceptable that's his problem isn't it. It's stupid that he'd get mad anyway and if he does he's an idiot.

Any lad who is happy to be around prostitutes when he has a girlfriend is an idiot. I mean he did tell you about it, which to me makes him look like he's trying to get a rise out of you.

This is just a way of cis-het MEN OPPRESSING women through the PATRIARCHY!
    :mad::banghead:

Patriarchy supporters everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethwalker85)
    I'm sorry but it's not acceptable for him to be there when that's happening and for him to ask why you'd be bothered is ridiculous.

If I were you I'd tell him that you aren't happy and if he thinks that's unacceptable that's his problem isn't it. It's stupid that he'd get mad anyway and if he does he's an idiot.

Any lad who is happy to be around prostitutes when he has a girlfriend is an idiot. I mean he did tell you about it, which to me makes him look like he's trying to get a rise out of you.
    (Original post by Ashley1988)
    He's testing you to see how much freedom you'll give him. It's annoying and troublesome, as a girl, I wouldn't put up with it. A relationship is not a game of "see her reaction". Just tell him this is making you uneasy and talk about it.
    Lol wat? So he told her and he's trying to piss her off, he doesn't and he's a deceitful liar I bet eh :rolleyes:

He obviously wants to go enjoy the strippers/prostitutes, sorry but it is true. Otherwise, he wouldn't want to stay there :/ If he keeps hurting you like this, even when you've confronted him and still doesn't care, means that he doesn't really care too much about your feelings. Talk it through, but if this pissing you off continues, just leave him. You deserve to be happier xxx

ReputationRep:
    Goddamn guys can't win! If he hides it and doesn't tell you he's immoral, sneaky etc but if he tells you because he doesn't want to keep secrets from you, and even though he knos it will bother you, he'd rather be honest with you, hes "trying to get a rise out of you" and it's unacceptable. someone even said theyd end it?

jesus you wonder why women are called psychos

ReputationRep:
    If you're uncomfortable with the prospect then you need to communicate that, and if it's a red line then it's ultimatum time. He should respect you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Lol wat? So he told her and he's trying to piss her off, he doesn't and he's a deceitful liar I bet eh :rolleyes:
    (Original post by bethwalker85)

(Original post by Ashley1988)
    *****es make no ****ing sense sometimes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.