Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I being unreasonable? Watch

Announcements

I'm sitting my A2's this year, last year I didn't do so well on one of my biology papers (for the 2nd unit) so I'm resitting it this year.

It's mock season right now, so I'm doing mocks in history, English and biology, all A2's. For some reason, on my mock timetable there was the mock for the 1st biology paper which I am not doing because I did well on that last year.

I was told by my biology teacher that the teaching for the 2nd unit was after Christmas, so right now. Because all my free periods conflict with the teaching spaces I am pretty much self learning all the stuff again. So I was told to not do the mock, as it wasn't for the right unit.

Comes to the morning, so literally 45 minutes ago, I get a phone call home saying I'm not at the exam. I went to see my head of year and he was trying to persuade me to do the exam paper; despite it being for the completely wrong module which I am not doing.

Both head of year and his support teacher, whoever that is, tried to make me do the paper without realising the fact that I am not doing that bloody paper. Even if it was the 2nd unit paper, there'd still be no point in doing it at this time... as no one has learnt the content (the 2nd unit mock is more towards May/June time).

I left the office quite ticked off, because, they couldn't understand what the hell I was trying to say to them... am I being unreasonable for being mad at them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too happy either. I would have thought they would know which units (and therefore, which mocks) you needed to do?

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I wouldn't be too happy either. I would have thought they would know which units (and therefore, which mocks) you needed to do?
    I know right, seeing as I paid £30 odd pounds for a resit paper.. they should surely know what papers I need to be resitting, and then adjust my time table.

The head of years adviser also said I should of told them that it was wrong... they should of god damn known in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame at you all, not only is that unprofessional, it's also just plain stupid of them to call you in KNOWING you didn't need to resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.