Psychological Jargon

Watch this thread
GonnaBeMyYear
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In some Psychology resources, I found this sentence:

"Pronunciation time determined by time constraints rather than structural limitations. A direct relationship was found between size of digit span and pronunciation time."

I have a vague idea what this is on about, but can somebody tell me what this means in plain, simple English please?
Black Rose
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GonnaBeMyYear)

"Pronunciation time determined by time constraints rather than structural limitations. A direct relationship was found between size of digit span and pronunciation time."

I have a vague idea what this is on about, but can somebody tell me what this means in plain, simple English please?
What is this about? Is it on the topic of Memory..?
Lovinlife2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GonnaBeMyYear)

(Original post by Black Rose)
What is this about? Is it on the topic of Memory..?
I think it is Memory

It just means that the study found that the number of digits (numbers) was (positively I assume) correlated with how long it took to pronounce the number. So the longer the word, the long the time it took to pronounce the word
GonnaBeMyYear
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Lovinlife2)
I think it is Memory

It just means that the study found that the number of digits (numbers) was (positively I assume) correlated with how long it took to pronounce the number. So the longer the word, the long the time it took to pronounce the word
Fabulous - thank you!

Why can't textbooks speak English? XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads