The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCC BA Public Relations

Hi, I applied for the PR course at LCC and I'm waiting for their answer. There are no threads about this course on here, and I just wanted to ask if anybody knows how long it usually takes them to make a decision and if they organize any interviews. I applied on the 14th, so I guess it might take them some time to review all the applications that came around the time of the deadline, still I wanted to make sure.
Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I have applied to this course also, although I sent my application off in December and still haven't heard, so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Brunch
Hey, I have applied to this course also, although I sent my application off in December and still haven't heard, so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:

Ok, that's very good to know, maybe they're just taking their time Best of luck with your application!
Reply 3
You too! Let me know if you hear anything!
Reply 4
Hey,

I applied for the course as well, I received an offer about a week ago. I'm curious if they will have Taster Days since they haven't really followed up on the offer. I also applied to Westminster and Greenwich, and they also gave me an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by keanuj
Hey,

I applied for the course as well, I received an offer about a week ago. I'm curious if they will have Taster Days since they haven't really followed up on the offer. I also applied to Westminster and Greenwich, and they also gave me an offer.

Hey, congrats on your offers! When did you send the application?
I applied to Westminister as well and they sent me a questionnaire to help them further determine if I was the right candidate, did you get one as well?
Reply 6
Hi everyone, it's good to finally see a thread about PR :biggrin: So far I've received offers from Greenwich and Westminster, but haven't heard anything back from LCC.

Original post by zueoo

I applied to Westminister as well and they sent me a questionnaire to help them further determine if I was the right candidate, did you get one as well?

I did :smile: They got back to me 2 days after I submitted my answers and scheduled a phone interview. It was around 5-10 minutes long, so now I think there was nothing to be stressed about really, and I received an offer the day after.
Reply 7
Original post by annolsze
Hi everyone, it's good to finally see a thread about PR :biggrin: So far I've received offers from Greenwich and Westminster, but haven't heard anything back from LCC.

I did :smile: They got back to me 2 days after I submitted my answers and scheduled a phone interview. It was around 5-10 minutes long, so now I think there was nothing to be stressed about really, and I received an offer the day after.

Congratulations! I have a phone interview for westminister in a couple of days, do you maybe remember some of the things they asked you?And I hope LCC gets back to us soon, let me know if you hear from them and good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by zueoo
Congratulations! I have a phone interview for westminister in a couple of days, do you maybe remember some of the things they asked you?And I hope LCC gets back to us soon, let me know if you hear from them and good luck!

Thanks :smile: First they asked me why do I want to study PR at Westminster in particular and then whether I've ever been to London, as costs of living there are obviously very high and the weather is quite specific. Then I got asked if I have any questions myself and that was it, so it's better to prepare a thing or two to ask :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks :smile: First they asked me why do I want to study PR at Westminster in particular and then whether I've ever been to London, as costs of living there are obviously very high and the weather is quite specific. Then I got asked if I have any questions myself and that was it, so it's better to prepare a thing or two to ask :smile:

Thanks a lot, i hope it goes well ☺️

PR at Westminster is practically a journalism degree, there is one PR module per term and no more. Its campus is in Harrow (~12 miles from Central London) yet the cost of living (especially accommodation) is still skyrocketing, and not very good value for money.

Fwiw, LCC has better industry links, and UAL in general is ranked higher (Westminster has rather low standards as far as I'm aware), and the South Bank area is a lot more fun to live in as a student
Reply 11
Original post by latenovember
PR at Westminster is practically a journalism degree, there is one PR module per term and no more. Its campus is in Harrow (~12 miles from Central London) yet the cost of living (especially accommodation) is still skyrocketing, and not very good value for money.

Fwiw, LCC has better industry links, and UAL in general is ranked higher (Westminster has rather low standards as far as I'm aware), and the South Bank area is a lot more fun to live in as a student

Do you know from experience? are you a student at any of the colleges? LCC is my first choice, but I'm still waiting to hear from them :/ Do you know anything about Fashion PR at LCF? I got an interview there and I'm excited, but I haven't heard any opinions about this course yet.
Original post by zueoo
Do you know from experience? are you a student at any of the colleges? LCC is my first choice, but I'm still waiting to hear from them :/ Do you know anything about Fashion PR at LCF? I got an interview there and I'm excited, but I haven't heard any opinions about this course yet.

I am, yes, message me if you want more detailed info! I don't know anything about this course exactly but I do know that generally LCC > LCF, and specifying your PR course can end up being quite limiting (i.e. if you do plain PR you can try yourself in different sectors and eventually focus on fashion, whereas the other way around would be more of a hassle and narrow your CV down by miles). Hope I could help :smile:
Ive applied to PR, still no email :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by PaulineN26
Ive applied to PR, still no email :frown:

Hey! When did you apply?
Original post by zueoo
Hey! When did you apply?

December :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by PaulineN26
December :frown:

I'm getting really nervous, but I guess since more people are still waiting, maybe they just didn't get around to replying to everyone yet ;( anyway, I wish you all the luck, and let me know if you hear anything! :smile:
Reply 17
Hey, Has anyone heard anything? :wink:
Reply 18
Hey,I got an Applicant Day at LCC coming up this March, the other option is in April but I wanted to do it ASAP. I went to Westminster University and went for an interview, it was pretty good and the buildings was nice, and the tutors/students were friendly and gave lots of information about the course. I also went to Greenwich, and I was surprised, it's a really nice place, the atmosphere and student life seems really good, and there was also a PR Society and lots of chances to go to events and get internships. And that's been my personal experience so far.
Reply 19
Hey, have any of you made up your mind already? :P In the end I got offers from LCC, LCF, Westminster and Greenwich and as I couldn't attend any of the Applicant Days (the last one being held today btw while I'm stuck at home in my pajamas) I'm really torn right now as of where to go. LCC was initially my first choice, but they didn't really follow up on the offer as the other unis did and here I am, 10 days before the UCAS deadline not having firmed anything yet. How about you, (probably way more decisive) people? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending