Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would Trump Make a Better Leader Than Merkel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people dont see it (left wing people) but he could definitely do a better job than say Merkel. Surely hes the leader we could do with in Europe to stop left wing running riot.

ReputationRep:
    good question...

ReputationRep:
    Except that he's a self-interested, racist piece of ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    It can only be rednecks and other racists that sympathise with him. The people who support him are all the frustrated, low income, low IQ people that blame that their entire worthless misfortune of a life on immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    He maybe a racist, sexist, selfish, ignorant piece of hate, but he at least recognises the problem (although for the wrong reasons) unlike Merkel.

So although I hate the man, id probably vote for him over Merkel on the single issue of political Islamism.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...not one person graduated from a top university would vote for a misinformed demagogue ie Donald trump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    It can only be rednecks and other racists that sympathise with him. The people who support him are all the frustrated, low income, low IQ people that blame that their entire worthless misfortune of a life on immigrants.
    This kind of generalisation was made against UKIP by the left. Which is why they (Ukip) got so many votes and increased their share to 5 million. Reverse snobbery drives away voters. Its one of the reasons why Labour lost the election. It's one of the reasons why the left and far left are despised by many people in the UK.

People aren't stupid for having a different opinion.

(I voted Labour before you say anything)

ReputationRep:
    Not if you are an anti-white who supports White Genocide.

ReputationRep:
    Trump has the least thought out policies of anyone though. He's more like a meme than anything, just spouting crap to get all the right wingers onside (American right wingers, who to be fair are even more right wing than British ones). The reason why he can come out with this crap, I think is that he was never really (and to be fair probably still isn't) likely to get in, so he didn't really need to think through his policies.

If he ever did get in power he would realise pretty quickly that most of his policies are impossible to enact, you can't just ban all immigration, you can't just close down the mosques, you can't just build a wall between US and Mexico. As much as he might spout it and as much as some people might believe it to be possible things things can't just happen!

Angela Merkel is a successful politician that has risen to the rank of leader through experience and evidence of her skills. Like her decisions or not, they will be well considered. Trump is a businessman, by some measures not actually that successful a businessman, filed for bankruptcy before and apparently if he stopped making business decisions over a decade ago he would be much more wealthy just letting his property/investments rise. He has no experience of politics and is only in a position to run as he has plenty of money to spend on his campaign.

SO in answer to your question No, I do not think Trump would make a better leader than Merkel. That doesn't mean that no one would, but that someone is NOT Trump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Wow...not one person graduated from a top university would vote for a misinformed demagogue ie Donald trump
    You'd be surprised how much support he has from the intellectual classes.

ReputationRep:
    Donald Trump is smarter than everyone in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    This kind of generalisation was made against UKIP by the left. Which is why they (Ukip) got so many votes and increased their share to 5 million. Reverse snobbery drives away voters. Its one of the reasons why Labour lost the election. It's one of the reasons why the left and far left are despised by many people in the UK.

To be fair, a lot of the central ground and right wing generalised UKIP like that too, wasn't just the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I like him and have an IQ of 125

ReputationRep:

Perhaps not stupid. But grossly misinformed.

And if Trump supporters are unable to draw parallels between some of Trump's morals and those of a certain toothbrush-moustachioed guy, I might be so inclined to question their intelligence.

(I was gonna try to avoid Godwin's Law, but screw it.)

ReputationRep:
    Leaders are meant to do what is best for their people

Europe's leaders are doing the best to destroy European people

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised how much support he has from the intellectual classes.
    Back it up will ya. He hasn't got a clue what he is doing other than pandering to xenophobic peeps of the us.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.