Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    Hello! I'm sorry, at least you still have the others to wait on. Which one is your favourite?

Thanks. Yeah, still waiting. Brighton or Sussex really. Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hi John, you can use your college or centre reference where you did your Access course, also a professional or director of a company, they should be able to provide you with a character reference if they know you that is.

Any luck so far?
    thanks nelfran, it wasn't me struggling to get a place. i was responding to someone else... x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dannie,

So the story goes: I have already had interviews at the University of Bedfordshire, and LSBU. My next interview will be at the University of West London. I am still waiting to hear from Uni of Essex. I was also unsuccessful at Anglia Ruskin due to not having the entry requirements i.e Grades.

Ahh! How was lsbu and the English and Maths? I havent applied yet I'm sending my application off tomorrow/Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannie0)
    Ahh! How was lsbu and the English and Maths? I havent applied yet I'm sending my application off tomorrow/Friday
    Hi Dannie0

English was fine, a bit tricky make sure you read, also Maths can be tricky too but just practise, use BBC Bitesize and go through basic maths such as your addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. If you know the basics you can manipulate the numbers for any task, try youtube, it's so helpful, even watch maths exams and get used to dealing with worded questions.

You will be fine, it's not that scary just use the time given accordingly and take your time, even go back to check your answers and be absolutely sure it's correct to the best of your ability. Also, google past papers for the most common universities its gets you working with different questions but still uses the same principles mentioned above. Once your comfortable working with numbers you will run with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewcpearson)
    Thanks. Yeah, still waiting. Brighton or Sussex really. Have you heard anything yet?
    I have an offer from Brighton, just waiting on Sussex which is my first choice

ReputationRep:

Hi Dannie0, Leaving it a bit late, good luck, be sure to triple check UCAS before you send it off, took me a couple of days to go through section by section through the preview function. Spelling mistakes and so on

Do you have to get a reference done too?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dannie0

English was fine, a bit tricky make sure you read, also Maths can be tricky too but just practise, use BBC Bitesize and go through basic maths such as your addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. If you know the basics you can manipulate the numbers for any task, try youtube, it's so helpful, even watch maths exams and get used to dealing with worded questions.

You will be fine, it's not that scary just use the time given accordingly and take your time, even go back to check your answers and be absolutely sure it's correct to the best of your ability. Also, google past papers for the most common universities its gets you working with different questions but still uses the same principles mentioned above. Once your comfortable working with numbers you will run with it.
    Ahh thank you for your help!
    Do they make you take the maths test first then the english as I've heard the maths is more difficult? Figures crossed I am invited once I've sent my application off!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thank you for your help!
    Do they make you take the maths test first then the english as I've heard the maths is more difficult? Figures crossed I am invited once I've sent my application off!

According to their website it suggests the literacy and numeracy are now computer based, instructions as to which test you will do first will follow once you arrive, it changes all the time as you can imagine.

When you start hearing let me know, even through your revision let me know, be great to pass on advice and so on.

ReputationRep:
    According to their website it suggests the literacy and numeracy are now computer based, instructions as to which test you will do first will follow once you arrive, it changes all the time as you can imagine.

When you start hearing let me know, even through your revision let me know, be great to pass on advice and so on.
    Ah thank you for your help! My reference and everything is complete, I just need to make sure my personal statement is up to scratch and I am ready to send it off by Friday fingers crossed I hear back quickly for interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you for your help! My reference and everything is complete, I just need to make sure my personal statement is up to scratch and I am ready to send it off by Friday fingers crossed I hear back quickly for interviews!
    Good luck honey x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    I have an offer from Brighton, just waiting on Sussex which is my first choice
    Excellent. Congratulations and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dannie0 Hows the personal statement going?

Just to update you, I was successful at interview at LSBU yesterday, so excited now waiting on an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    thanks nelfran, it wasn't me struggling to get a place. i was responding to someone else... x
    Hi john2054, oh sorry good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnboi1985)
    What can we call you?
    John
    What are you currently studying/what do you plan on studying before you start Uni?
    I have completed some Open University level 4 modules - mathematics and health and social care (weird combo i know)
    What do you plan on studying at Uni?
    Adult Nursing.
    Which Uni's are you looking at applying to?
    Northumbria, Teesside, York, Leeds and Manchester.
    If you want to say, how old are you?
    31 would be 32 when hopefully going to university.
    Anything else you want to say about your plans or dreams?
    Finally got my but in to gear to do what iv always known i want to do...so fingers crossed!!
    John, any offers yet? I am also interested in Adult Nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barkergirl)
    What can we call you?
    V
    What are you currently studying/what do you plan on studying before you start Uni?
    Access to HE Health
    What do you plan on studying at Uni?
    Adult Nursing
    Which Uni's are you looking at applying to?
    Keele, Staffs, Manchester, BCU and Wolves.
    If you want to say, how old are you?
    Hello V any offers yet? I am also interested in Adult Nursing

ReputationRep:
    Hi john2054, oh sorry good luck x
    Thanks. I think i am actually choosing to retire from education. and get a job making youtube videos, like one of my friends from italy told me he does yesterday. Although i really don't see how he can make a living out of this, to be honest?!?

jk i want to be a house husband, my wife works full time.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDetermined)
    Applied to study Adult Nursing I'm 25, will be 26 when I start.
    Hi MissDetermined, any offers yet? I too have applied for Adult Nursing, are you excited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazzbomb)
    Hi! I'm applying for Adult Nursing at Hull University, currently studying my NVQ Health and Social Care. I sent my application off today so I'm hoping to hear back soon!
    Hi Yazzbomb, Whats your story, any offers, or interviews yet? I too have applied for Adult Nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barkergirl)
    So yesterday I had my second interview for Adult Nursing. My first was last Friday and I received my offer on Tuesday. Yesterday was at my first choice uni, and I was having a fantastic day, flying through the literacy and numeracy tests, then doing well in the group activity. I got on well with the other applicants and even went for lunch with 2 of them. But after lunch the individual interviews started to get behind and I ended up going in 30 minutes late. By that time I was so nervous I completely ruined my interview. I froze, I stumbled over the questions (even the really easy ones like "why do you want to be a nurse?" I cringe now thinking back to that 15 minutes and I'm so so upset that I've managed to ruin my chance to get into my first choice uni. Not only that but I no longer have any interest in studying anywhere else. Keele is where my heart is, and so today I withdrew my application from Uni of Manchester and Birmingham City. I didn't feel it was fair to waste their time because I know for a fact I won't go there. So now I'm sitting here feeling sick with worrying about the outcome and wondering whether my performance throughout the rest of the day was enough to get me through. I'm 34 now, will be 35 next september when I was hoping to start, so although I could apply again next year, I feel it's so late in my life to start this and I am so ready right now. I have another interview scheduled and I'm just trying to work out whether, should I be unsuccessful at Keele, to go somewhere else for the first year (I already have an offer) and transfer in to year 2, or cut my losses, withdraw and apply only to Keele next year. Sorry this is so long, I'm just really gutted right now.
    Hi Bakergirl. i have just read this, I am so sorry what's your situation now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Thanks. I think i am actually choosing to retire from education. and get a job making youtube videos, like one of my friends from italy told me he does yesterday. Although i really don't see how he can make a living out of this, to be honest?!?

jk i want to be a house husband, my wife works full time.....
    Hi john2054, Thats a great choice, i wouldn't mind my husband staying home so i can work, good luck tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.