Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just checking out the UMIST website and I came across the 2004/2005 calendar. I realized that they didnt have the holiday dates in yet, but for 2003/2004 they had the Christmas holiday before the Assessment. And the same for the Easter Holiday in the second semester. I was expecting the Easter holiday to be before exams, but does that mean that im going to be studying for my exams on my Christmas holiday?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes all the Manchester Universities have the same system so employers know where they are upto.

You start early October and don't finish till Christmas (semester 1)

After the christmas holidays which will be about four weeks with study leave, you do the exams this is still the end of semester 1. Semester two starts in about early Febraury, and finishes in June.

You of course haver the easter break in the middle of semester two.

I hope this helps a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that did help a lot!
    Thanks

It just sucks that we have to be studying during our holiday. Holidays are supposed to be fun and relaxing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kraslan)
    Thanks

It just sucks that we have to be studying during our holiday. Holidays are supposed to be fun and relaxing!!
    Argh well we have 8-10 weeks off in the summer for that!

ReputationRep:
    Just 8-10 weeks?!?!?!?!

Dont you finish Mid June and start Late september?

ReputationRep:
    Just 8-10 weeks?!?!?!?!

Dont you finish Mid June and start Late september?
    Yep pretty much but you have to allow for a couple of weeks or so if you need to resists, it just depends when the exams are. 12 weeks is probably more accurate.

ReputationRep:
    Also, uni holiday's aren't that great - u 'relax' (have fun) so much at uni that u miss it wen ure gone!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

i wish

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.