Are semester exams after the Holidays? Watch

This discussion is closed.
kraslan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I was just checking out the UMIST website and I came across the 2004/2005 calendar. I realized that they didnt have the holiday dates in yet, but for 2003/2004 they had the Christmas holiday before the Assessment. And the same for the Easter Holiday in the second semester. I was expecting the Easter holiday to be before exams, but does that mean that im going to be studying for my exams on my Christmas holiday?

Thanks
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes all the Manchester Universities have the same system so employers know where they are upto.

You start early October and don't finish till Christmas (semester 1)

After the christmas holidays which will be about four weeks with study leave, you do the exams this is still the end of semester 1. Semester two starts in about early Febraury, and finishes in June.

You of course haver the easter break in the middle of semester two.

I hope this helps a little bit.
kraslan
Rep:
?
Yeah that did help a lot!
Thanks

It just sucks that we have to be studying during our holiday. Holidays are supposed to be fun and relaxing!!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kraslan)
Thanks

It just sucks that we have to be studying during our holiday. Holidays are supposed to be fun and relaxing!!
Argh well we have 8-10 weeks off in the summer for that!
kraslan
Rep:
?
Just 8-10 weeks?!?!?!?!

Dont you finish Mid June and start Late september?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just 8-10 weeks?!?!?!?!

Dont you finish Mid June and start Late september?
Yep pretty much but you have to allow for a couple of weeks or so if you need to resists, it just depends when the exams are. 12 weeks is probably more accurate.
Rachel_manc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also, uni holiday's aren't that great - u 'relax' (have fun) so much at uni that u miss it wen ure gone!
swatfa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks

i wish
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads