operation/surgery during first year

Watch
lukeemarshall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm starting my first year at uni this september, at some point I'll be having jaw surgery and this will probably happen around january/february of 2017. I'll probably need at least 3 weeks out, shall I let the uni's know this? will this be okay?
Thanks!
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lukeemarshall)
Hi, I'm starting my first year at uni this september, at some point I'll be having jaw surgery and this will probably happen around january/february of 2017. I'll probably need at least 3 weeks out, shall I let the uni's know this? will this be okay?
Thanks!
Probably best to let them know
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You'll be able to get a note from the hospital/docs to say that you're having surgery and will need X amount of recovery time. Your deadlines will most likely be extended by the amount of recovery time, but don't quote me on that.

You'll just need to take the surgery information to your student services and they'll be able to put it on the student records system.
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lukeemarshall)
Thanks!
3 weeks you shour when i had my operation i was out for 6 weeks and even then it took me a couple of moth before i was totally ok. I would defer the yer if i was you I really would it will give you more the enough time to get better.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might have a problem with exams as January/February is exam period, I would think the uni may ask whether you could have the surgery later, or you'll have to come back during the summer to do uncapped resits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.61%
England (124)
33.24%
Belgium (29)
7.77%
Germany (40)
10.72%
Spain (8)
2.14%