Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    'Mathematics for Computer Science'

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I never saw the A level maths requirement for Bath (I only have an A in GCSE maths and nothing further) but applied and recently got an offer for the Computer Science conversion. No harm can come from applying. I believe I'll have to brush up on my maths before the degree though. I'm doing this through online courses (free) by MIT and so on.Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapose)
    Hi thanks for getting back to me - that sounds quite promising! What was your first degree in? Also, which MIT course are you doing online? I may look into it! Thanks!

I am still keen on the Oxford course. Whilst I enjoy distance-learning, I still think that a combined class-based and home learning set up can be more beneficial for deeper long-term learning (at least, for me!). Being able to have spontaneous class discussions with other students, working through problems with other learners and being able to get a one-to-one explanation from a tutor on something difficult can be useful. Then again, distance-learning has vastly improved over the years!!
    My first degree was in Film and Literature and the MIT course is Mathematics for Computer Science in the MIT OpenCourseWare.

If I lived closer I'd definitely do the Oxford course, class learning was always more effective for me.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.