Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need urgent math c2 help please! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I need to submit my homework in two days and I don't really understand any of chapter 8 (Graphs of trigonometric functions). Do you mind helping me? I really don't understand anything so I need explanation from scratch, not a specified question or topic.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    well, it's all about graphs

ReputationRep:
    You are going to have to be a bit more specific. There are lauds of things that one could talk about graphs of trigonometric functions.
    Say one thing which you don't get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    You are going to have to be a bit more specific. There are lauds of things that one could talk about graphs of trigonometric functions.
    Say one thing which you don't get.
    Alright. I'll write down a few questions.

(Note do not use calculator)
    Write down the values of:
    a. sin(-90)
    b. sin(450)
    c. cos(-270)
    d. cos(-180)

By drawing diagrams, express the following in terms of trigonometric ratios of acute angles
    a. sin(240)
    b. sin (-200)
    c. sin(460)
    d. cos(260)
    e. cos(-200)
    f. cos(545)
    g. tan (-175)
    h. tan (600)

Given that θ is an acute angle mesured in degrees, express in terms of sinθ:
    a. sin (-θ)
    b. sin (180 + θ)
    c. sin (360 - θ)
    d. sin (-180 +θ)
    e. sin (θ +720)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loody Nagy)
    Alright. I'll write down a few questions.

(Note do not use calculator)
    Write down the values of:
    a. sin(-90)
    b. sin(450)
    c. cos(-270)
    d. cos(-180)

By drawing diagrams, express the following in terms of trigonometric ratios of acute angles
    a. sin(240)
    b. sin (-200)
    c. sin(460)
    d. cos(260)
    e. cos(-200)
    f. cos(545)
    g. tan (-175)
    h. tan (600)

Given that θ is an acute angle mesured in degrees, express in terms of sinθ:
    a. sin (-θ)
    b. sin (180 + θ)
    c. sin (360 - θ)
    d. sin (-180 +θ)
    e. sin (θ +720)
    Do you know what sine and cosine graphs look like? Because it would really help if you do, since the first and third questions just require you to know the graphs, and the second question requires this and knowledge of trig ratios (SOHCAHTOA).

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I need to submit my homework in two days and I don't really understand any of chapter 8 (Graphs of trigonometric functions). Do you mind helping me? I really don't understand anything so I need explanation from scratch, not a specified question or topic.

Thank you in advance.
    I don't know if you know about http://www.examsolutions.net/ - he's great with the AS revision content and he breaks trigonometry down easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    Do you know what sine and cosine graphs look like? Because it would really help if you do, since the first and third questions just require you to know the graphs, and the second question requires this and knowledge of trig ratios (SOHCAHTOA).
    Yeah, I do. erm..I know the rules, I'm just confused as to how these questions should be answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    I don't know if you know about http://www.examsolutions.net/ - he's great with the AS revision content and he breaks trigonometry down easily.
    Thank you.
    I'll check the website.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    I'll check the website.
    Good luck and let me know if it works
    His videos are a bit long like, but he does go into detail explaining it so just power through them and hopefully it should all come clear!

ReputationRep:

Thank you in advance.
    for maths help please post here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do. erm..I know the rules, I'm just confused as to how these questions should be answered.
    The first ones are easy - just use the fact that the sine and cosine graphs repeat every 360° to work out and write down the values. No working required.

The second ones are a bit confusingly worded but clearly require knowledge of SOHCAHTOA. Maybe TSR's maths guru, TeeEm can help you out here?

The third one is similar to the first, except you'll get an answer in terms of sinθ, rather than a number. No working required here, just knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    Good luck and let me know if it works
    His videos are a bit long like, but he does go into detail explaining it so just power through them and hopefully it should all come clear!
    Thing is, I already watched his videos..but what's bothering me a little is that how he addressed certain questions is entirely different as compared to the way my tutor taught me. That's why I'm lost. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    The first ones are easy - just use the fact that the sine and cosine graphs repeat every 360° to work out and write down the values. No working required.

The second ones are a bit confusingly worded but clearly require knowledge of SOHCAHTOA. Maybe TSR's maths guru, TeeEm can help you out here?

The third one is similar to the first, except you'll get an answer in terms of sinθ, rather than a number. No working required here, just knowledge.
    I am on a trolling break!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, I already watched his videos..but what's bothering me a little is that how he addressed certain questions is entirely different as compared to the way my tutor taught me. That's why I'm lost. :/
    There's different methods for different things, such as I got taught the graph method one year and the CAST diagrams the second year, for solution finding with trig equations.

You could try http://mathswebsite.com/ instead, I do recommend videos with maths as usually I'm better visualising it and being explained bit by bit, but that's my take on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I am on a trolling break!!!
    Lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.