also got a B in bio and a C in chem that i need to pull up to As :O

:five:

are you retaking anything?
Original post by z33
also got a B in bio and a C in chem that i need to pull up to As :O

:five:

are you retaking anything?

I'm retaking one bio unit
And one or two Chem units (dependant on whether I get an offer from my first choice uni or not)
What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
Awesome! I hope that you beat your predictions then :tongue:

Thank you :smile: you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by spiritless98
I'm retaking one bio unit
And one or two Chem units (dependant on whether I get an offer from my first choice uni or not)
What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah same!
I got a high A in bio unit 1 so not touching that but got a D in unit 2 so obv retaking
and got a B in chem unit 1 which I guess I'm alright with and a D in unit 2 again which needs retaking :3
Update:
I haven't done much studying- because I've been preparing for my medicine interview which is very soon.
Didn't do much in class today in chemistry I just did an experiment so shouldn't be hard to catch up with
And psychology wasn't much work either apart from research methods.

I had a mock interview today- and was told to make sure I smile and maintain good body language.
I'm going to get my mock exam results soon and will let you all know how I got on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
30/01/2016

Medicine interview on the 29/01/2016 done.
Now back to work:
Checklist for today
- Chemistry F325- make notes and understand Acids, Bases and Buffers, Pka, Ka, ph, Ph calculations, Kw (DONE)

-Biology F215: Revise and memorise 3 spreads from textbook- on sliding filament theory, plant auxins (DONE)

- Psychology- Unit 3- Write model answers on Formation, Maintenance and breakdown of relationships - if I have time memorise (INCOMPLETE- only done formation essay not memorised anything- tip: don't underestimate how long it'll take you to write model answers - I gave my self 30 mins for each- that was unrealistic because it's usually 30 mins in an exam when you know and have learnt everything not when you're sitting there thinking how to formulate the perfect answer- took me over an hour for one essay)

Once done- I will come back and update each task with done/incomplete next to each one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
31/01/2016

Chemistry- Lattice Enthalpy (UNDERSTANDING DONE + NOTES DONE)
(Enthalpy of solution/hydration needs to be clarified with teacher)

Biology: F215: 5-6 slides (DONE)

Psychology: Maintenance and breakdown essays (DONE NOT MEMORISED)

F212 retake: start preparing. (DONE- briefly read through variation/selection)
(edited 8 years ago)
30/01/2016

Medicine interview on the 29/01/2016 done.
Now back to work:
Checklist for today
- Chemistry F325- make notes and understand Acids, Bases and Buffers, Pka, Ka, ph, Ph calculations, Kw
-Biology F215: Revise and memorise 3 spreads from textbook- on sliding filament theory, plant auxins

- Psychology- Unit 3- Write model answers on Formation, Maintenance and breakdown of relationships - if I have time memorise

- if after completing the above- I have time then also go over buffers and titrations curves.

Once done- I will come back and update each task with done/incomplete next to each one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You take the same Psych and Bio exams as me. I'm struggling with Psych, do you know how many points you need to make for things like 4/8/16/24 m?
Original post by TrojanH
You take the same Psych and Bio exams as me. I'm struggling with Psych, do you know how many points you need to make for things like 4/8/16/24 m?

Hm, For 24 markers I usually write two theories and for each theory I use 2-3 supporting studies which I also evaluate.
And near the end of the essay I include a few elaborated IDA points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
01/02/2016

I have 4 frees today.
-First two frees will be used to read through my Biology textbook- recap everything I've learnt at home on f215 module 4 so (brain, sliding filament, learned behaviour, dopamine etc) (DONE)
- The other two frees - get help on A2 chemistry F325 enthalpy of solution/hydration - Once done make notes on this- and try some practice questions. (DONE)

AT HOME:
- A2 Biology F215 - 3-4 new spreads learn/understand + memorise (should take 2 hours) (DONE)
- AS biology F212 retake preparation - Make notes + memorise health topic. (1hr 30mins) (DONE)
- A2 psychology - Either do research methods or memorise psych essay ( Max 1hr) (not done- I had to go to a family event so was unable to do)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Update:
I received my mock exam results
Biology F214: 53/60 A
Psychology Psya4 : A*

Quite pleased with these- and hope to do just as well in the 'bigger' units!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Update:
Chemistry F324: 47/60 A

Quite pleased with these- and hope to do just as well in the 'bigger' units

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with the actual exams!

-R
Update:
Chemistry F324: 47/60 A

Quite pleased with these- and hope to do just as well in the 'bigger' units

Posted from TSR Mobile

plsplspls send in your psych papers so i can have some examplar material... noones taught psych at my school before
Original post by TrojanH
plsplspls send in your psych papers so i can have some examplar material... noones taught psych at my school before

Sure, which essays do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure, which essays do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile

just whichever, addition, depression, relationships, eating behaviour,

Quick Reply

Latest