Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

taking time off. is it an option this close to exams starting. (possibly triggering) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    I don't really know where to start with this.
    so basically I'm at the end here. I have depression, anxiety, OCD, anorexia, along with numerous physical health conditions. last week a attempted to take my life and was in hospital however they let me go on the condition that I was going to CAMHS regularly. Around this time last week I had tree days off school but my mum is going on about how important it is to be at school every day at the moment and how I'm going to mess up my life if I don't. I am perfectly aware that school is extremely important around this time however at school at the moment I am not learning anything because I am so caught up in my head. CAMHS have suggested I have some time off school and stay at my dads for a week but I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of taking a week off school this close to GCSE's and if it worked and if your school was happy with it. sorry this is so long.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Your health is most important and you need to look after that. Missing a week feels a lot at the time but if it means you feel better for it and can work better afterwards then that's definitely worth it- you can always do a little bit on your own on that time if you want to but definitely don't do much and focus on what will help you. In reality you probably won't be missing that much and it could make a huge difference in how you feel so I'd go for it if I were you- you can always ask teachers beforehand what they'll be covering. Hope things improve for you soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.