Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are some men so easy? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    So, if by having a lower number of sexual partners you have higher "stock", then you keep your number lower because a higher "stock" makes you better than someone with a lower "stock"
    According to subjective interpretation, in light of a fair degree of contemplation of a fair amount of knowledge, and perhaps with reference to a particular moral compass, yes. Personally I don't believe it makes a person 'better', generally, as few people have quite the same appreciation of the elements outlined, and what they mean in terms of 'stock', and hence their acting in accordance with such a calculation is oft merely incidental, and more likely than not related to cultural/religious conservatism (which certainly doesn't make one any better than anyone else, necessarily)

Although I disagree with the reasoning
    Feel free to critique it, I could be mistaken (unlikely, but always the possibility)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    The morning after pill is only 95% effective and if the woman is at a certain point in her menstrual cycle then this percentage is significantly lower.
    If a condom is used properly, it has about the same, if not higher success rate. Let's say 95% although it's probably closer to 98%.

So the chance of the condom failing AND the morning after pill failing is about 1 in 400. Not bad.

Also, this doesn't take into consideration that the woman probably won't be having sex during her menstrual cycle in the first place, therefore the failure rate is much slimmer than 1 in 400.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    If a condom is used properly, it has about the same, if not higher success rate. Let's say 95% although it's probably closer to 98%.

So the chance of the condom failing AND the morning after pill failing is about 1 in 400. Not bad.

Also, this doesn't take into consideration that the woman probably won't be having sex during her menstrual cycle in the first place, therefore the failure rate is much slimmer than 1 in 400.
    No I mean if she has sex around 2 weeks after she finishes her period then the morning after pill is a lot less effective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaids)
    I regret to inform you that women too have testosterone. #educated
    http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_ref.htm

Don't know if your comment was meant to be cocky but it came across as. Possible for the average man to have 12 times the maximum amount of female hormones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    No I mean if she has sex around 2 weeks after she finishes her period then the morning after pill is a lot less effective.
    Ah I'm with ya.

ReputationRep:
    *Yaw* why does anyone ever respond to angry redheads threads these days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    They'll open their legs for any woman that shows even a hint of interest. I know men can't get pregnant and stuff but why don't they have enough self respect to save it for marriage or at least for someone special?

Edit: When I wrote 'open their legs' I didn't mean literally, some of you need to learn what a figure of speech is
    Because men have looser morals, don't view sex the exact same way as women and are biologically programmed that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie, I thought you were a guy 0___0

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.