Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my mum is being unfair on me.... Watch

Announcements

Discussing family related problem publicly has never been my thing( reason why I am an anon), but I feel like I could get in touch with people going through or have gone through the same situation.

Anyway, on to the topic of the thread. This has been going on for about a year or two or even more if I remember it correctly, she treats me differently compared to my other two sisters. Whenever she talks to me, she talks as if I have pissed her off without any reason, her tone and manner of speaking to me compared to my sisters is way different that I feel like I have done her wrong all the time which results for me to stress out or overthink. Also, the way she looks at me. I have never been disrespectful of her, whenever we argue I only answer her back with what is fair and the truth, never did I answer her back disrespectfully or sarcastically. I love my mum but she is pushing me away... and I am growing of not caring about it anymore.

She considers me as normal, or should I say it the lucky one because I don't have any problem regarding health which my two sisters has, older sister has health problem and recently my younger sister has been having mental problem because of school. This has been one of the main reason that I concluded why she is acting this way about me.

Health wise and school wise I never had problems with because I work hard for them, I eat Heathy and I study because I know how important it is for me and my future. My sisters have had these problems because they are careless of themselve,and in my opinion my mother doesn't see the truth behind the reason they have these problems. As a mother herself I understand that she will feel sad and stressed about her daughters having problems, and will also feel angry and mad that she can't do anything to change it unless my sisters don't cooperate, so as a result I get to handle the outcome of my mums anger towards all of this.

I'm sorry if my story may not make sense to any of you since I am feeling very bad about this situation of mine, and I pity myself for beng affected by this, I consider myself as a strong person but when my mother is involve I get emotional as any children would with their parents....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really stressful and your mum is not being fair. She may not be coping well but that doesn't mean she can take it out on you.

Have you tried to speak to her about it?

(Original post by Neostigmine)
    That sounds really stressful and your mum is not being fair. She may not be coping well but that doesn't mean she can take it out on you.

Have you tried to speak to her about it?
    No I have not, but I will in time. Unfortunately I have to bear it for a bit for her sake and mine, recently she has been ignoring me for some bad reason, basically she wants me to figure out why she is acting this way, that's how it works whenever we have this small arguments which is not worth arguing about.

Anyway thanks for giving your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.