Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Start dating someone else to get over an unrequited crush. Is it a good or bad idea? Watch

Announcements

What do you think?

I'm female and confessed to my crush that I liked him but he told me he doesn't want to be in a relationship. We are friends and I have since kept my distance but I can't seem to get over him I think about him everyday.

So I was thinking about actually getting out there and dating. I'm a little apprehensive as it knocked my confidence a bit being turned down, I think who will want me?

Another thing is I am weary of dating too attached too soon to a new date. Should I date more than one man at a time? I do mean date and not sleep with, however this still makes me feel a little uneasy.

Let me know your thoughts.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Dating is one way to occupy your mind, although not the first thing I'd recommend and if you're otherwise fairly impressionable I'd be cautious

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Dating is one way to occupy your mind, although not the first thing I'd recommend and if you're otherwise fairly impressionable I'd be cautious
    I've tried everything else, other than dating someone else, and I can't get him out of my mind.

Would dating more than one person help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would dating more than one person help?
    Only if you manage it like a ninja. Otherwise it's highly likely to complicate matters. Try to collect yourself my dear..

ReputationRep:
    I'd say casual dating and just getting out there could be a good idea as it could help you move on and see what else is out there. However I would advise you of being wary of jumping into a relationship with anyone too soon, it probably won't end well and it's not fair on the other person if they're more committed than you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.