Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, TSR!

I'm a student from the US who has been accepted to the King's College in London, the University of York, and the University of Nottingham.

I'm going to be studying literacy/linguistics. I'll be earning a master's degree.

I've never studied in the UK, so I am relying on the internet in order to decide which school to attend.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

King's College has the most prestigious reputation globally.

York has an excellent English department.

Nottingham's program is much more literature-focused which I like.

So, I suppose I have a couple of questions:

1) What is Nottingham's reputation in academia?
    2) What is the city of Nottingham like to live in?
    3) Would there be any clear benefits to choosing King's because of its worldwide reputation? What are they?
    4) What is York's reputation worldwide?

At the moment, I am completely divided about which school to choose, so I am looking for all the help and insight I can get.

Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there- I'm not sure about York's reputation worldwide, but I think you're right- it does have a good English department. I guess London as a city is prestigious- you might want to take into account that London is expensive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.